The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Corn (Grantey's) Husbandry

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
H.Malton Posted - 18/05/2011 : 09:45:16
Yo Yo
I was after some advice from everyone knowledgable on here.
I currently have an exo terra 90x45x60 home for my corn snake.
In length she is around 30", weighed her last night and 115g? (is that healthy?) and 9 months old!
What sort of size tank would i be looking at when she is adult? and is glass worse than a wooden viv?

Thanku so much
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 18/05/2011 : 18:04:01
I have plans in action for a vivstack and the adult corn viv section is 3 foot by 2 foot (as a contingency plan I've designed the back of the viv so it can be made 6 inches deeper should I end up with a freak of a corn at 6foot+).
HannahB Posted - 18/05/2011 : 17:51:38
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

when she is an adult, a 3 foot viv is ok but if you could get a 4 foot one that would be better.

Most adult snakes (4-5ft) are fine in a 3x2 or even 3x1 vivs as well
antcherry88 Posted - 18/05/2011 : 17:40:15
Last time I was at surrey pet supplies (6 weeks ago) they was just setting up their livestock section. Had a few animals already but may have a few more now. Just phone them up.
H.Malton Posted - 18/05/2011 : 11:15:39
quote:

check out http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/default.asp and sign up there. You can read up on everything to do with Royals. They will also point you in the direction of decent breeders. Be warned though they are super fussy eaters and stress out easily. If they stress then the eating problems come back or get worse. If you have the ability to not let the feeding problems get to you then thats fine. They have been known to go for up to 8 months without feeding.

Thanks Ailsa.

im with the Reptile forum also and they some some nice people giving me advice on royals but the more info i can get the better, had a few private offers but the distance is too far, im in huntingdon so looking for the cambridgeshire area

Thank
Haylee
gmac Posted - 18/05/2011 : 11:03:45
quote:

check out http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/default.asp and sign up there. You can read up on everything to do with Royals. They will also point you in the direction of decent breeders. Be warned though they are super fussy eaters and stress out easily. If they stress then the eating problems come back or get worse. If you have the ability to not let the feeding problems get to you then thats fine. They have been known to go for up to 8 months without feeding.

Thanks Ailsa.

Royals can stress easily, but the going off food is just something they do, and some do it very well. It is what they are designed to do.
Mamma Posted - 18/05/2011 : 11:00:54

Thanks Ailsa.
H.Malton Posted - 18/05/2011 : 10:59:23
ha ha

i actuallyneed my eyes testing i thought it was a snake..lol

What a Dumbass!!
Ailsa Posted - 18/05/2011 : 10:57:42
Sorry to go off topic, but Mamma your new wee Leopard Gecko is so cute - I just noticed the wee pic.
H.Malton Posted - 18/05/2011 : 10:52:43
quote:

I think its just pet supplies, no livestock. If I am wrong someone will correct me though

I had a quick browse and i believe you are correct no live stock!
Do u know of any reputable breeders of royals online who dont charge you a fortune to make themselves a tidy lil profit?
Mamma Posted - 18/05/2011 : 10:50:25
I think its just pet supplies, no livestock. If I am wrong someone will correct me though
H.Malton Posted - 18/05/2011 : 10:42:20
Bloody hell just went on their site, thanku so much for that link. They are good value for money the current glass one ive got was £170, that'll teach me not to shop around eh....lol
i may just buy a couple from surrey and sell the 2 i have.
Just one more do they sell reptiles? ive not had a detailed look into the site yet!
Mamma Posted - 18/05/2011 : 10:35:45
http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/vivexotic-lx48-ellmau-beech.html

The price for this is fabulous. Have a wee look through this website. I know alot of forum members buy from here xx
H.Malton Posted - 18/05/2011 : 10:32:38
Hey

Ive been hunting around for a 4 footer to get a rough idea what they look like and price....e.t.c there doesnt seem to be too many of them around!
Um @ Mamma, in your opinion a glass or wooden one? i also have a 3 foot wooden viv which i will be using for my pastel royal hopefully on sat!
Mamma Posted - 18/05/2011 : 10:27:35
when she is an adult, a 3 foot viv is ok but if you could get a 4 foot one that would be better.
H.Malton Posted - 18/05/2011 : 10:19:29
Hey yeah its the 3 foot one and she is not far off 3 foot in length herself, i have loads of branches, hides and greenery etc for her to feel secure.
The only time she hides away is when she has eaten, but after the 2 days she is always out and about exploring so im certain she feels secure.
Um! do u know what sort of signs i am looking for in case she does feel insecure? it would be a great help to me as i want to give her the best i can
Spreebok Posted - 18/05/2011 : 10:10:53
Wow, that's a big tank for a little corn! My Lister is the same length (and 93g) and he's just moved into a two foot wooden viv, and that feels huge for him!
I believe the model you have is the 3 foot model? I think that's pretty much an adult size tank, so maybe consider downgrading the size slightly if anything? :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000