The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Shedding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Quiguli Posted - 18/05/2011 : 08:00:02
I noticed that the past few days my Carolina's colour had dulled and its eyes had turned blue, so i've been patiently waiting for it to shed and provided it with a nice little box with a warm sponge in it.
Went in this morning to see if anything has happened yet, only to see that my Snow Corn Io had shed and pretty badly at that so helped by giving her a bath to get the remainder of the shed off now shes a lovely pinky colour. I had no idea she had started, is there any way to tell with a Snow?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Quiguli Posted - 18/05/2011 : 18:26:56
Thanks HannahB, after looking at some photos I first took of Io I could see the difference in the before and after, now shes really pink and her eyes are much brighter.

I shall use some of the Sphagnum moss for Kaa who seems a bit restless
HannahB Posted - 18/05/2011 : 17:25:05
with my blizzard its impossible to tell if hes going to shed, i have a picture of him taken when he was in blue and he looks no different except that his eyes are slightly pinker than usual..

as corns grow they tend to form a shedding cycle that tends to be shorter when they are younger and then gradually gets longer as they get older - you should be able to work out from that when to expect a shed

oh and sphagnum moss is good for creating a moist hide
Quiguli Posted - 18/05/2011 : 15:40:13
No it was more damp just so they could loosen the skin. I realise it varies and its just taking a little longer with Kaa
FiestaSTLou Posted - 18/05/2011 : 09:56:42
The only way i could really tell wit my snow was thru the eyes, and still that was a challenge, also the sponge u put in is it really wet? as usually corns dont need to much humidity to shed.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000