The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Help with heat!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tomp33 Posted - 15/05/2011 : 20:09:18
Heyahh,
I got my first corn today :D woop! I have set him up in a large flat faun like the 101 guide on this site. I have a habistat tenperature stat and a heat mat. I have a liquid strip thermometer on the hot side.
The stat dial is at 31/32 yet the thermometer only reads 23/4.
What do I do? The thermometer is on the wall of the faun on the inside and near the floor.
Thanks
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tomp33 Posted - 28/05/2011 : 17:31:08
Yea, thanks guys/gals. I bought an exo-terra digital thermometer and it's great. :) Snape is fine.
Invalid User Posted - 16/05/2011 : 12:54:08
As already pointed out you need a digital probe thermometer to find out the temps of the base of the faun where the snake will be.
Ailsa Posted - 16/05/2011 : 12:49:31
I have my digi thermom probe under the kitchen roll on the warm side held down by a hide and my heat mat stat maintains a temp of 28.5-29.5*C and if it does go below or above that I just adjust the dial on the stat but ive had no probs with temp and my little hatchling moves between warm and cold when she feels like it as she's never in same place twice when i check on her.
FiestaSTLou Posted - 16/05/2011 : 09:54:25
we have this to, the stat never really is accurate, we got some aquarium digital thermometers off ebay which have a prob so it measures the temp more accuratly, they where only £4 to! bargain! just make sure the probe is on the heatmat to get a accurate reading :)
MrsA82 Posted - 15/05/2011 : 20:25:48
Yes as pp said digital ones are best and it does need to be on top of of the heat source. I always find that the dials on stats (especially mat stats) aren't that accurate and usually pointing to a higher number on the dial than it's actually reading
PureLoneWolf Posted - 15/05/2011 : 20:11:54
I would hazard a guess and say that this is because the thermometer on the side is measuring the ambient air temperature after it has got through the faunarium.

You should ideally have a thermometer (prefereably a digital thermometer probe) on top of the heatmat itself.

Cheers

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000