The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 First handling :) :)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PureLoneWolf Posted - 15/05/2011 : 20:09:18
So, after just over a week of Hongy being with us (and 4 days after his first feed), we finally got him out of the Viv and it couldn't have gone better.

I am still surprised at how fast he is (scared the bejesus out of me when he struck when I was moving his mouse the other day), but he seems settled and comfortable.....and very very inquisitive.

So a very good evening :)

That does bring me to a question though, he fed late on Wednesday night...but still hasn't poo'd yet...is that a long time?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PureLoneWolf Posted - 17/05/2011 : 20:05:07
Well, you were right...I am very happy to report.

We had a pretty lucky escape as it goes

We had Hongy out and about tonight, the girlfriend held him for 5-10 minutes, I held him for around the same and, literally 1 minute after we put him back in his viv, he "let one go"

Concerns vanquished...and on top of that, he went into his warm-side hide for the first time since we got him.

We are definitely addicted...his new purpose built viv is underway and we made sure to include space for a Faunarium/small viv underneath for when we inevitably get our next one
kdlang Posted - 17/05/2011 : 14:56:06
I wouldn't worry just yet. One of mine only poops every 2 weeks and another one usually waits until his next feeding day and poops in his feeding tub before eating his mousey.

PureLoneWolf Posted - 17/05/2011 : 11:22:05
Hi there

Thanks for the info. Tomorrow will be 7 days from his feed and still nothing. Should we be concerned? It is safe to feed on Saturday? (Previous owner said 10 days)...or should we wait to feed until he has poo'd?

Thanks
Invalid User Posted - 16/05/2011 : 13:22:16
Glad the first handling session went well. :D
Ailsa Posted - 16/05/2011 : 12:52:39
Since changing to using kitchen roll for my hatchling i have learned that after her wed morning breakfast she'll poop on the friday and Tyesday after feeding, am noticing a regular poop pattern now lol but i am usually prepared with tissues at hand if she hasn't pooped before handling her.
lotabob Posted - 15/05/2011 : 20:23:15
You have to consider that what went in on Wednesday isn't what comes out 2-4 days later. I thought it was until Spot missed a feed and he didn't poop a week later. I look at it as what goes in, pushes the last lot out. Maybe he missed a feed or maybe he is holding it for later (they do that too).
MrsA82 Posted - 15/05/2011 : 20:19:52
Not really some are regular as clockwork and do it about 2 days after feeding but others like mine, wait til you get them out and stimulate them,then do it in your hands!!!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000