The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 habistats and multi mats

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MsThomson Posted - 14/05/2011 : 12:35:21
hi people!

How do you add more than one heatmat to your stat? is it just by using an adaptor?

cheers!

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Invalid User Posted - 14/05/2011 : 13:26:33
It's recommended you use the same size heatmats and same size enclosures if they are all running off the one stat, having said that I don't and have not had any problems.
MsThomson Posted - 14/05/2011 : 13:17:53
yeah mine is a 100 watt stat as well..... thanks for the replies!
Im a little excitable at present... was initially delivered a smaller faun than i ordered....they said keep it, so i did and then they have just sent me a new one! i have also bought a viv in anticipation of westy getting bigger. so now i have an empty faun and an empty viv... an empty faun that is crying out for a pretty baby to be put in it! just wanted to check if i needed another stat before i launch in feet first :)
Invalid User Posted - 14/05/2011 : 12:48:00
I do exactly the same as Hannah. I have a quite a few mats on my stats by just using extension leads.

I just make sure they don't go over the maximum wattage for the stat, in my case 100w
Ailsa Posted - 14/05/2011 : 12:45:54
i would imagine you just use a multi plug thing on the stat plug and away you go, tho I don't know how many heat mats one stat could control
HannahB Posted - 14/05/2011 : 12:42:04
I have the stat with the plug normally for the heatmat plugged into an extension lead with a few extra pluggy things in (not technical I know but I'm a nurse not an electrician!!) and then plug the mats into that,
i have thermometers on both the mats and check them several times a day to make sure they are both reading similar things so far I haven't had an issue with them!
I have 2 stats with two mats attached and then one with just one strip mat attached for the two in fauns still but when my bursary comes through they are all going to have their own stats just to make it easier

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000