The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Shelving for rubs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ailsa Posted - 09/05/2011 : 21:04:40
Am trying to find an adjustable shelving unit for my snake rubs, needs to be big enough for the big rubs you get. For those like me who don't have space for vivs, do you use shelving for your rubs and if you do where did you get it? Or did you make it from something else?
I'm no carpenter so wouldn't know where to start making one from scratch. Any websites, ideas etc etc would be good.
Thanks.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
watty1100 Posted - 11/05/2011 : 09:44:54
Ooops sorry i have asked permission on the royal python site.
gmac Posted - 11/05/2011 : 00:00:40
quote:
Originally posted by watty1100

The photo on my site of the 2 royals side by side was from the download section of www.theroyalpython.co.uk so unfortunatly they arnt my snakes as a albino royal is my ultimate snake and i would love to own one.

We did recognise it hence the questions regarding this image, however a few points

I assume you have not requested permission from the forum owners for reproducing copyrighted images on your website.

Its also a desktop download for personal use and you have removed the tag www.theroyalpython.co.uk and used it on your website without approval of the forum owners (they hold the copyright for these downloads and images).

I would suggest removing this image for now and then asking the forum owners for permission to use their images on your website.
ptmbradley Posted - 10/05/2011 : 23:54:58
quote:

The photo on my site of the 2 royals side by side was from the download section of www.theroyalpython.co.uk

lol then I suspect maybe just a hint of sarcasm from the team...
watty1100 Posted - 10/05/2011 : 23:46:54
The bottom of the tables are just a few of the same type of tables that we had already and were a bit scratched, or you can use contyboard or anything cut to size as once the boxes are on you cant see them anyway. I have sticky velcro pads on the bottom of the legs and table tops to hold them steady. The rubs fit nice and snug between the legs and they are easy to slide half out to check for poos and stuff.

The photo on my site of the 2 royals side by side was from the download section of www.theroyalpython.co.uk so unfortunatly they arnt my snakes as a albino royal is my ultimate snake and i would love to own one.
gingerpony Posted - 10/05/2011 : 21:31:17
yeah, intersting royals, are they your own?
Blackecho Posted - 10/05/2011 : 20:03:14
Yeah, what are they?
gmac Posted - 10/05/2011 : 18:29:53
quote:

I www.stevessnakepit.weebly.com it shows my set-up on the title page.

nice website, particularly like the photo of the ball pythons at the top right of the page.
Invalid User Posted - 10/05/2011 : 18:14:37
quote:

I have found that the Lack tables from Ikea hold 64ltr rubs and upwards exactly, they are usually on offer from about 4 - 7 quid depending on colour and you can buy what you need and easily add tothem later. Not sure how to insert photos on here but if you go to my website www.stevessnakepit.weebly.com it shows my set-up on the title page.

Looks good. Might steal that idea for the few large rubs I have that don't fit in my rack
ptmbradley Posted - 10/05/2011 : 17:54:34
That looks great Watty!

Will have to grab a couple of them soon I think...

Pete
Ailsa Posted - 10/05/2011 : 17:05:46
hey Watty I am so glad you seen my post that would suit the space I have in my livingroom corner perfectly. Just had a looky at ikea and at 7 quid a table i can sit on on top of the other.
What do you have your bottom tables sitting on?
Oh and I love your website too!
watty1100 Posted - 10/05/2011 : 15:36:10
I have found that the Lack tables from Ikea hold 64ltr rubs and upwards exactly, they are usually on offer from about 4 - 7 quid depending on colour and you can buy what you need and easily add tothem later. Not sure how to insert photos on here but if you go to my website www.stevessnakepit.weebly.com it shows my set-up on the title page.
MrsA82 Posted - 10/05/2011 : 14:24:40
Yes that looks fine too . When I say one on front of the other. Very simple make them both up. Dont put the back on one of them. Line them up 1 in front of the other. Hold them together with straight metal brackets. Simples
Ailsa Posted - 10/05/2011 : 13:12:00
1 in front of the other? Is it easy to do something like that, bearing in mind I am rubbish at DIY? I have just found this one on argos http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8757685/Trail/searchtext%3ESHELVING+UNITS.htm, am only planning 3 or poss 4 snakes
MrsA82 Posted - 10/05/2011 : 12:49:23
These are ones we use. 1 infront of the other

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6109565/Trail/searchtext%3EDEEP+BOOKCASE.htm
Ailsa Posted - 10/05/2011 : 12:34:58
Thanks for the pictures, can't seem to find bookcases with deep enough shelves yet
MrsA82 Posted - 10/05/2011 : 12:22:58
Here is our royal rack. 2 lots of bookcases from argues attached together. It will at the moment hold 6 x 21 litre RUBS & 3 x 5 / 9 litre. Shelves are completely adjustable too so will hold 3x 50 litre rubs (4 if one on the top too ) 50 liters are same width and length at 64 just not as tall

Lixra Posted - 10/05/2011 : 12:18:23
This is one of our (and the first we built!) 33L RUB x 10 racks: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12419

We used MDF for the shelving (which can be picked up at B&Q, but we ordered a crapload of it from a timber supply company as we used some to build Darwin's old viv (little fatty's too big for it now!)
Mamma Posted - 10/05/2011 : 12:12:19

GAH! Excuse the big black line on the photo below... I must have done it by accident when rotating the pic on gimp. I cant be bothered fixing it now though. But anyhoo you get the idea of the shelving.

Ailsa Posted - 10/05/2011 : 11:29:21
ok cool mamma
Mamma Posted - 10/05/2011 : 11:25:28
i will try and take a pic of them once nelly is at nursery and hamish for his nap. You can only see the top 2 shelves tho cos our 2 seater sofa is infront of it (for now... livingrooms gettin moved around once I have got the 4stack later in the year)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000