The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 a few questions!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
fone Posted - 08/05/2011 : 23:11:00
So my nake is all settled in now, he prefers to hide behind the 50cent pot plant turtle (I use that as a moist hide when he sheds) that he does his expensive rock thingy, anyway, he always pops his head out and is nosing around the glass whenever we are cooking or eating, (his nose is right up to the glass)
Just wondering, is this him being nosey, or is he hungry and should I be feeding him more?

also another thing, last week I thought I saw him yawn in his tank, then thought I must have been seeing things. after he fed yesterday he did it again. the mouse was all the way gone, and he just opened his mouth so wide (it was almost scary)
is yawning in snakes normal?

I haven't been able to get a straight answer from anyone on what to do with his tail either. He has had 2 sheds with me, but when we got him, he had a lot of old skin still on his tail. every shed I bath him and put oil and have tried everything, but there is too much there to come off I think. He cant even feel that part of his tail any more, if you touch him there he doesn't even move.
Is there anything I can do or just wait for it to fall off?

I think that's enough for me for one night!
Thanks guys :)
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 08/05/2011 : 23:32:31
They have an incredible sense of smell (well they pick up scent with their tongues but same difference), when I eat a curry or something Spot will come have a sniff. It doesn't mean they are hungry, they dont do hungry as such, they are opportunistic feeders and will eat whenever they can so just stick to feeding weekly.

Yawning is normal, they can yawn as all animals yawn they also yawn after a meal to realign their jaws.

I would visit a vet about the tail, they may be able to save more of it than just waiting for it to fall off.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000