The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 push LEDs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 07/05/2011 : 16:32:55
Can any one give me some advice on what push lEDS are and how they arte used ?? Cheers
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 07/05/2011 : 18:30:18
I haven't had that problem yet lol. But I can imagine it since the backing is only a sticky fixer. My Snakes have climbed on them to investigate and then didn't fall on then either!

Cheers Mamma XD
gingerpony Posted - 07/05/2011 : 18:18:15
i've got some too, but you need to make sure the surface you're sticking them to is really clean or they drop off after a while (and usually landing in a water bowl form my experience )

other than that they're really handy
Mamma Posted - 07/05/2011 : 18:05:34
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

I got like 6 from pound stretches for like £3. I have 2 in each viv and my viv's are like 4ft long. I use mine at night if I want to see the snakes or if I need to do anything with their vivs. I use these as I know if I use LED strip lights that the snakes would stretch the electric cable for them by climbing on them like they have done with lights in the past!

They aren't as bright as the photo makes out though lol!

That looks awesome stapey
Sta~ple Posted - 07/05/2011 : 17:44:01
I got like 6 from pound stretches for like £3. I have 2 in each viv and my viv's are like 4ft long. I use mine at night if I want to see the snakes or if I need to do anything with their vivs. I use these as I know if I use LED strip lights that the snakes would stretch the electric cable for them by climbing on them like they have done with lights in the past!

They aren't as bright as the photo makes out though lol!

Mamma Posted - 07/05/2011 : 17:24:13
pouldland sells them My kids use them as night lites
kdlang Posted - 07/05/2011 : 17:18:04
I got mine from b&q but you probably can get decent ones cheaper. Be aware the really cheap ones may not be much cop. Mine are circular about 5cm across. They fit 3 AAA batteries in the back and have adhesive sticky pads so you can stick them where you like. They have lots of little LED lights in them and you just push the light in to turn it on and push it again to turn it off. I have 1 in each of my 2ft vivs and in my 30in viv and they give me than sufficient light to spot check and clean. You may need 2 in a 3ft+ viv. Not sure how long they would last if left on for any length of time but it's easy enough to change the batteries.
Invalid User Posted - 07/05/2011 : 16:51:21
Hmm, I'm guessing they are lED lights that you push to turn on and off :D

My local poundshop sells packs of them, like this but only £1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stick-Click-Push-Lights-pack/dp/B0013LJUBU

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000