The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 mice? ice blocks? help??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jordy845 Posted - 06/05/2011 : 19:08:18
hello, quick question, my mother isn't all to keen about me keeping the mice in freezer with all of her food >.< she gets a tad funny that way,
so i was thinking if i kept my mice in a large platic tub, but filled the tub with ice blocks? would tht keep 2 mice in a good enough condition for my little girl? she is only on fluffs at the moment, so they are quite small

thanks for your help :)
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jordy845 Posted - 08/05/2011 : 21:48:03
haha thats quite a good idea :) ill have to remember that :)
jordy845 Posted - 08/05/2011 : 21:41:51
haha thats quite a good idea :) ill have to remember that :)
tattsafe Posted - 07/05/2011 : 10:34:59
I had this issue with the mrs.
I keep the mice etc in a special box (old ice cream box) in the freezer with a picture of mice on all possible sides and reptile food written on it in big letters.She seems ok with this!

Alyson19802 Posted - 07/05/2011 : 09:46:32
Hi Jordy

Try Freecycle there is alwaus someone giving freezers away away, only cost to you is the petrol there lol

Alyson
jordy845 Posted - 06/05/2011 : 19:55:31
thnkyou all very much for your help, ill try keeping them in a tubbaware box firstly, and see how that goes in the freezer :) if to no avial, then i shall get a mini freezer :)
ptmbradley Posted - 06/05/2011 : 19:41:01
Or if she is adamant it's a no, maybe you can look for a cheap 2nd hand fridge with an icebox maybe? Then you can keep your drinks cool too...

I picked one up for a tenner once for my room. Although that was quite some time ago now! lol
ajacklin Posted - 06/05/2011 : 19:31:55
I don't think they would stay frozen solid with ice blocks, I think they're only meant for keeping things cool. Would she mind so much if you put them in a carrier bag then in a sandwich box tupaware sort of thing with a lid. Mine have the snakes names on too so nobody can accidently open them to see what's in!
GillyDuncan Posted - 06/05/2011 : 19:22:25
I tend to buy mine as I need them at the moment, with freezer full of popsicles I have no space.
So if the snakes are due a feed on Wednesday, I go to the rep store on wednesday and buy them.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000