The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Buying RUBs/Large clear plastic boxes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ailsa Posted - 06/05/2011 : 12:57:11
Ok I'm not looking for criticism on this nor people telling me I should use vivs - it is not the cost of the vivs but the space I do not have.

What I am looking for is responses from people who house their snakes in set ups like the one I have detailed below:-
http://theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4981&whichpage=1
the post left by Anatess is what I want for my snakes.

I know this has a royal in it but I am sure it can be used for corns, tang milk snakes and dwarf boa too, what I don't know is where to buy this size rub but in rectangle shape, not square if that makes sense. I can't seem to find them in my searches so for.

So if some kind people could point me in the right direction then that would be very much appreciated.

Posting this here too as this is what I plan for my corn when she's adult size.

Thank you
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ptmbradley Posted - 06/05/2011 : 20:59:21
No I agree Ailsa. People say they they are not climbers, but everyone here knows different! Even if they don't use it, it's nice to give them the option! I don't know what to suggest then, coz RUBs just don't come in ideal sizes for our use unfortunately. If you do find something suitable though please shout, coz I and I'm sure a few others would love to find a decent, cheap and easy viv substitute!
Ailsa Posted - 06/05/2011 : 20:38:44
ptmbradley i want to give my snakies things to climb on and around lol
Sta~ple Posted - 06/05/2011 : 20:29:25
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:
Originally posted by ptmbradley

A 145 litre RUB is more square than rectangular, but equates to a similar size of a 36x15x18 viv. Works out to be about 32x24x17 which is a few inches extra floor space. But may as well just get a viv if that's the case. Otherwise you'll probably be looking at a 50 litre which is about 28x17x9. Or the 84 litre which gives an extra 6 inches of height if you want climbing room.

According to this the 145L is a lot smaller. Looking at the internal dimensions its nearer 28x21x16 inches

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/html/onlineshop/rub/b145_0litre.php

This is why I hate RUB and tub sides, I wish they would cut off some of the depth and put it onto the length! Would mean I could use them!
ptmbradley Posted - 06/05/2011 : 20:02:44
I know Ailsa and I wasn't arguing. I just said that the large rub is of a similar size to the viv is all.

I think a few people keep their snakes in 50 litre rubs. Breeders mainly I think. But I don't know. But that one you linked to does look very nice indeed with the perspex front. Am considering something like that myself now if I can, so I can keep collecting!
Ailsa Posted - 06/05/2011 : 19:33:47
ptmbradley i just dont have the space to put a 3ft/4ft viv in my home, i live in a small home and plan to use a corner in my living room for my snakes and plan to stack the rubs
Invalid User Posted - 06/05/2011 : 13:52:51
quote:

quote:

quote:

A 145 litre RUB is more square than rectangular, but equates to a similar size of a 36x15x18 viv. Works out to be about 32x24x17 which is a few inches extra floor space. But may as well just get a viv if that's the case. Otherwise you'll probably be looking at a 50 litre which is about 28x17x9. Or the 84 litre which gives an extra 6 inches of height if you want climbing room.

According to this the 145L is a lot smaller. Looking at the internal dimensions its nearer 28x21x16 inches

yeah I just took externals. Mind, I just measured my LX36 and it's about 34.5x14 internal. So it still equates for floor space.

Pics of my gorgeous new BRB soon Louise. Might need a bigger RUB... lol

lol look forward to seeing them.
ptmbradley Posted - 06/05/2011 : 13:48:40
quote:

quote:

yeah I just took externals. Mind, I just measured my LX36 and it's about 34.5x14 internal. So it still equates for floor space.

Pics of my gorgeous new BRB soon Louise. Might need a bigger RUB... lol
Rake Posted - 06/05/2011 : 13:37:54
can you really keep your snake in those kind of boxes ? is there really any significant difference between them and vivs besides space and price obviously, im just thinking ahead as i also suffer from lack of space
Invalid User Posted - 06/05/2011 : 13:35:40
quote:

SexyBear77 Posted - 06/05/2011 : 13:28:54
I use tubs from ASDA for a few of mine, they are usually rectangular and much cheaper than RUB's. Often have coloured lids though.
Invalid User Posted - 06/05/2011 : 13:18:33
Thats just a normal 64L rub I think so as gmac said, staples, rymans etc

Also Maplin sell them, I got a few of mine from there, Argos stock a few sizes too but I now use non brand rubs. I get 64L ones for £5 each from my local shop :D

Edit to add link

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/html/onlineshop/rub/b64_0litre.php

Thats the same one as in the post you refer to
ptmbradley Posted - 06/05/2011 : 13:15:47
gmac Posted - 06/05/2011 : 13:05:11
Staples, Rymans or get them online from ebay

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000