The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Happy munching hatchling

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kat Posted - 04/05/2011 : 17:28:36
Omari just had his first double pinkie feed yesterday. Second one went down in 28 seconds!!! He's in full blue so blind as a bat so I didn't think he'd want to feed at all but just guzzled his food down. Such a relief every time he eats after little sickly snake.

Really strong strike as well, nearly dropped the pinkie cause I jumped so much - glad I was using tweezers!

Shame I didn't get photos, he's the most amazing shade of purple right now.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kopite_di Posted - 06/05/2011 : 13:15:44
thanks, i'm so new to this how do i know if it's a big enough bump ? lol
Ailsa Posted - 06/05/2011 : 10:09:13
Kopite Di, i just moved my hatchling up to 2 pinkies on wed because just 1 was not leaving much of a bump and she ate them in seconds, I'll feed her 2 pinkies for next few weeks then move to small fuzzys.
Invalid User Posted - 06/05/2011 : 10:00:46
quote:
Originally posted by kopite_di

Ahh right ok thank you how old is Omari, so I get a rough idea of time scale :)

Age isn't important, go by the size of the snake. If one pinky isn't leaving much of a bump once eaten then time to move up to 2 pinkies or a small fuzzy.
kopite_di Posted - 06/05/2011 : 08:44:43
Ahh right ok thank you how old is Omari, so I get a rough idea of time scale :)
Kat Posted - 05/05/2011 : 23:13:55
in my case it was because a pinkie was literally taking seconds to vanish. When I got my first snake the shop said anything guzzled in less than 3 mins would be OK to double / go up a size depending on the width of food to snake. Since Omari had a pinkie down to under a minute last week I thought I'd try doubling up this week and the second one was literally gone from strike to tail in 28 seconds! Going to use up the last of the pinkies on doubles then bounce up to fluffs. Mind you there's a really nice little Carolina in the shop up the town (appalling conditions but that's another story, just ignorance rather than intentional - better have changed tomorrow!!) so I could get that and feed it the rest of the pinkies ...
kopite_di Posted - 05/05/2011 : 18:15:05
right guys this is probably going to sound really dumb, but how do you know when they are ready for double pinkies and how do i know if she is hungry, she is being fed 1 pinkie on sundays at the moment, she is 4 months old and weighs 6 oz's :)
Invalid User Posted - 04/05/2011 : 20:55:59
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

congrats Kat Ailsa! where were the feeding piccies!!!

I just asked this on the other thread hahaha

Mamma Posted - 04/05/2011 : 20:53:56
congrats Kat Ailsa! where were the feeding piccies!!!
Ailsa Posted - 04/05/2011 : 20:45:12
I know how you feel, my hatchling just had her first double pinkie feed this morning

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000