The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 temp flux's

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 02/05/2011 : 21:40:33
rite we got our two corns set up identical , both in medium flat fauns , ontop of our royal viv , we use one heat mat , statted in one of the fauns , and then have a digi thermom in each warm end , by their hides . the one with the stat in did have the temp probe taped to the stat . only trouble is we keep having two different temps in their warm ends . kai is in the one without the stat and the temps are a few degree's higher than kodi's . i was wondering could we put the stat probe outside the fauns in the middle of the mat and then have their two temp probes in both warm ends? would that make a difference ? or would it not be as good as the heat has to penetrate the plastic in the faun ? thanks :)
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Laws Posted - 02/05/2011 : 22:00:11

both the set ups , ive just check the is a piece of wood board about 2 mil thick , cardboard and some insulating type foam between the viv underneath and kai's faun x
Laws Posted - 02/05/2011 : 21:55:04
yep the one on the rite above the royal bulb is higher , however , we have a piece of card board and some foam stuff (sorrypoopat technical names! lol) between the two . we are using one mat for the two of them . however we do ahve a spare mat , would just need to get another stat for it
gingerpony Posted - 02/05/2011 : 21:52:03
my first thought too G
also, have the mats been switched on for the same length of time? might be worth switching the warmer one off till the temps match, then set them both going again.........are the mats identical too?
gmac Posted - 02/05/2011 : 21:48:19
how are you heating the royal, is the faun that has a higher temp over the bulb if you are using one.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000