The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 is this safe to do

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
misspiggy18 Posted - 02/05/2011 : 19:02:57
i have a hide which is a large tree root fake of course but there is a gap in the bottom which my dad has silconed up with some plastic trunking but the hole at the top is to large to silicone up so dad has said to get the gravel out the garden and block up the roots is this safe to do once the gravel has been cleaned im not sure wat do to last time vinnie got into this hide he got himself stuck that was nearly a year ago and i dont want him to get stuck again do you have other ideas on how i could block this up or should i just leave it till he gets a bit bigger
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 02/05/2011 : 19:22:00
I'd be more worried about what type of silicone your using than the gravel your putting inside. Aquarium sealant is safe but a lot of the sillicone you buy has chemicals in to prevent mould etc and that is no good for snakes.

On the gravel side, I personally wouldn't it will be a pig to clean fully and pets at home sell aquarium gravel in a pick and mix sytle and its fairly cheap and should be far easier to clean and less likely to be carrying nasties.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000