The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Oh my god

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 27/04/2011 : 19:00:38
I've just been on another forum and come across a post regarding live feeding and what can happen. This contains very graphic pics but shows what a live rodent can do, though this is not to a corn it could still happen.
http://www.iherp.com/Public/Blog/Detail.aspx?UID=74609
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Strawb Posted - 28/04/2011 : 20:55:09
Makes you wonder how many other incidents like this happen.
A local vet who had Tia my royal before I gave her a home, said she always fed her live mice and just threw them in and left her to it. This is by a qualified vet. If qualified people give this kind of advice it's no wonder incidents like this happen.
I'm just glad I got Tia out of there. She eats frozen now and has never had a problem with it.
My advice to experienced snake owners is, please look to give an unwanted snake a good and responsible home before buying a baby from a shop. You'd be amazed at what the animal homes have to offer.
Sta~ple Posted - 28/04/2011 : 14:49:09
Made me feel very ill... poor snake. Although I do wonder why every singel bad live feeding picture taht seems to exist is of a munched up Royal.
Alyson19802 Posted - 28/04/2011 : 13:11:12
That is the cruelest thing I have ever seen/heard who would be that stupid to think that its a) acceptable to leave it unattended and b) to leave the poor animal suffering...

Some people just seem to have no common sense and devoid of any compassion
ravensgirl Posted - 28/04/2011 : 10:18:54
poor snake, some people are idiots
Mamma Posted - 28/04/2011 : 09:53:10
just awful.
Kehhlyr Posted - 28/04/2011 : 00:37:40
Can I ask the OP to also stick the same link into this thread as well please: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9701

We have a couple pics and image links to another site that shows bites dues to live feeding, it'd be nice to keep stuff like this all in one place as well.
Cheers.
animalcrazy Posted - 27/04/2011 : 21:43:26
Awful, I couldn't live feed for this reason and also just seeing the small rodent being killed. I understand snakes need to eat mice but don't personally want to watch them hunt for their tea. Just a personal preference and also from what I have read about the safety of the snake.
kdlang Posted - 27/04/2011 : 21:23:20
That poor poor snake. Just to think how it must have suffered.
Ailsa Posted - 27/04/2011 : 21:05:42
Oh my good God that poor snake, how can anyone be so irresponsible?!
Tic_Tac Posted - 27/04/2011 : 21:01:41
This just bought a tear to my eyes.

Poor Snake
lotabob Posted - 27/04/2011 : 19:44:04
I hate to see stuff like this. All on the owner for improper care.
Invalid User Posted - 27/04/2011 : 19:06:53
I have seen pics like this before.

This can only happen if the rat is left alone with the snake for a considerable amount of time. Which is why live feeding should always be supervised.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000