The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Eating/Heating question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Serj Posted - 26/04/2011 : 20:12:04
How long does a corn snake stay in the hot side after eating, Rango only stayed there for 2-3hours. Rango is only 7 months old and is eating 2 pinkies, is that enough time?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
herriotfan Posted - 28/04/2011 : 12:04:54
Like lotabob said, as long as the temps are ok your snake will move around as he wants. I wouldn't worry too much about the temps being a bit 'out' for a few days, it's too late now and at least you've got it sorted now. Sure he'll be fine....
Serj Posted - 27/04/2011 : 17:11:45
After reading all your comments I knew there was a problem and there was. I put the thermostats probe in the rub instead of being directly on top of the heat mat. I am now getting a temperature at the hot side 29c 30c where as before it was 27c 32c. Rango has been in those conditions now for 9 days with 1 feed I hope he'll be OK.
Thank you so much.
ptmbradley Posted - 26/04/2011 : 21:39:41
Last week Pandora got behind the terrarium background and didn't move for 2 days after eating. In the end I took the background out and she slithered off to her warm hide. Normally after eating she's straight into her warm hide and doesn't move for at least a couple of days. Not fed my other 2 yet so can't comment on their routine!
Ailsa Posted - 26/04/2011 : 20:34:41
Dakota goes straight to her warm hide after a feed, she's jusr over 3 months and on 1 pinkie just now
lotabob Posted - 26/04/2011 : 20:14:11
As long as you have provided the correct temperatures in the hot end (28-29 degrees Centigrade) then they just do what they want to, my corn has climbed up in his hammock, in the cold end and spent 2 days up there, he was fine and the mouse got digested.
Mamma Posted - 26/04/2011 : 20:13:59
Romeo is contantly in his hot side after eating. He has a hide there that he slithers into right away after feeding. I dont see him out of there for a good couple of days (unless he is moving around at night when I am sleeping )

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000