The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 selant for viv

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jade.Slash Posted - 26/04/2011 : 15:46:43
Hey again everyone this is just a quick question, just need to know what sort of selant I should use when sealing my viv?

I've been told I can use standard clear selant that you use around baths and kitchens, but to then use reptile disenfectant to make sure there's no.nastys. would this be okay?

But I wasn't sure what would be better standard or actual selant brought from reptile stores?

He isn't big enough to go into the viv yet but want to know in advance so when it come to resealing the viv ready for slash :)

Thanks jade & slash x
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
centricmalteser2 Posted - 28/04/2011 : 14:30:28
Geocel aquairum sealant, however leave 48 hours in an aired place to dry and cure, as it has a strong smell whilst curing.

Available usually in two sizes, one where you squeeze the top and another one where a sealant gun is needed

Most pet shops and some DIY stores sell it, or buy it of ebay for half the price

quote:
Originally posted by Jade.Slash

Thanks everyone ! I mean I kinda knew it would proberbly be best to use aquarium sealant but thought I would ask just to make sure :)

Jade.Slash Posted - 28/04/2011 : 14:26:52
Thanks everyone ! I mean I kinda knew it would proberbly be best to use aquarium sealant but thought I would ask just to make sure :)
gingerpony Posted - 26/04/2011 : 18:52:54
i've been in touch with a manufacturer in the past and, as previously mentioned, the standard stuff contains potentially harmful chemical such as the stuff that makes it anti mildew which is active for quite a long time.

best to use aquarium grade stuff that is guaranteed safe
Sta~ple Posted - 26/04/2011 : 18:37:37
I used clear aquarium seal. Geocel I think it was called.
Ailsa Posted - 26/04/2011 : 17:34:38
Yeah the bathroom/kitchen ones do have anti mildew in them, safest to use aquarium sealant.
Red123 Posted - 26/04/2011 : 15:52:25
I THINK that you need to use aquarium sealant. I think the bathroom/kitchen ones have an anti mildew thing in it which is harmful to snakes.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000