The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 hmmm

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 22/04/2011 : 21:14:50

ive been looking at viv stacks as i do prefer then to rubs / racks (that could change with wanting more snakes tho! )
what i wanted to kno was how do u heat say three stacked up ? ive heard ppl mention heat cables ? do u need three stats / three bulbs etc ? cheers
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kdlang Posted - 23/04/2011 : 09:58:05
I would recommend using a heatmat in each viv. I couldn't go higher than a 3 stack really as I'm a little short and would have to get a stool to see into the top viv lol. Mind you, stools aren't really expensive......

Mort13 Posted - 23/04/2011 : 09:34:19
I'll be stacking vivs in the future when the snakes are bigger and it'll be 5 vivs with 5 heatmats and stats,thermometers to go with each.
Already got a coffee table converted for them to sit on.
Sta~ple Posted - 23/04/2011 : 09:21:21
I have a viv exotic stack cause I'm not a good DIY person. 4 vivs, 4 mats, 4 stats and 8 digital thermometers. With mats the heat rising is a very, very small amount.
lotabob Posted - 22/04/2011 : 23:59:50
I'll have a go with building, fixing etc but it normally ends up with me bleeding.
Laws Posted - 22/04/2011 : 23:14:18
heheh thanks can u see why the other half is a mechanic and deals with the wiring and other stuff hehe
lotabob Posted - 22/04/2011 : 22:45:10
I'm currently sourcing finding a manufacturer (I have a very specific idea of what I need) to knock together some decent metal legs to hold an airgap between the vivs in my planned stack as most of my creature will be on ceramic heat bulbs when I'm finished.
Invalid User Posted - 22/04/2011 : 21:34:29
Sorry, matty you replied same time as me so didn't mean that to look like I was shouting over your post!

Laws, extension lead with multiple sockets on, plug that into the stat socket :)
Laws Posted - 22/04/2011 : 21:30:06
sounds stupid but how do u put multi stats one the one stat plug
Invalid User Posted - 22/04/2011 : 21:19:32
Depends what snakes you put in. If its all corns just put a heatmat in each and use 1 stat.
matty18714 Posted - 22/04/2011 : 21:19:28
You can heat them the same way you would heat a single viv, you just have to worry about heat transfer with bulbs and other ambient heaters. People do use 1 stat with more than one mat but I have never been happy with the consistency when I have tried it.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000