The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Why is he being like this???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
angelsue Posted - 18/04/2011 : 23:46:42
He is 4 year old cornsnake and has always been a really placid snake but i got him out the other day and he seemed a bit jumpy to normal and im sure he was going to musk me there was this white stuff from his vent.

Then i got him out last night to weigh him as he is overweight and is on a diet and has been on it for a few months now and he seemed ok.

I got him out earlier however and to get him out his viv was different he was sooo jumpy and sort of flinging himself and arching hope you know what i mean. Anyway i still got him as i am the boss lol brought him in the other room put him on the floor for exercise as normal and he was ok for a bit and was sort of flinging me away when i touched him but then he stopped right by me then looked as if he was flattening his head and i think he looked like he was going into a semi strike but then moved on so i put him back home.

To be honest i put him back because he seemed not happy and i was a little weary as he has never acted this way and i have had him since he was one. He is now in his viv going mad at the glass. Oh and he isn't doing the mating dance just normal movement eating and pooping fine.

His temps are

Hot end 29.3oc
Cool end 24oc

Sorry for going on just worried.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
angelsue Posted - 19/04/2011 : 10:36:30
Well I will leave him until Saturday and then try again I hope he is back to himself....boys ay lol
gingerpony Posted - 19/04/2011 : 08:29:50
agree ^^
lotabob Posted - 19/04/2011 : 01:00:50
I personally would leave him to it for a few days but like you say, your the boss so its upto you.
angelsue Posted - 19/04/2011 : 00:52:48
Yes I will do i was thinking this but as i say I have had him for 3 years and even though he has been looking for a lady friend he has never been strange like this with me im so confused about it.....He's not long shed so i know we can rule that one out.
It looks like every time i go near the glass hes looking at me as if im going to bite you if you touch me lol

So what do i do wait and get him out in a couple of days or leave him be to calm down and if so how long should i leave him before getting him out??

Thanks for any help :)
lotabob Posted - 19/04/2011 : 00:21:01
Sounds randy to me, maybe a bit stressed because he has the horn. Also possibly going into shed. Just keep an eye on him.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000