The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 RUB's

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ailsa Posted - 17/04/2011 : 13:23:55
Do you all put decoration things in your snakies rubs for them to crawl in and out of - like skull decorations that are meant for fish tanks? I was thinkin about doing that for dakota's rub when the time comes.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Red123 Posted - 18/04/2011 : 19:01:24
Been over the fields with the dog today and come across a good find, well my son did. A quite large rock that is lovely and smooth all over, no sharp edges. Given it a good scrub and soak in bleach solution. Not a hide but i'm sure one of the snakes will enjoy climbing over it and best is it didn't cost a penny!
Sta~ple Posted - 18/04/2011 : 18:45:49
I'd love a skull but my adults would be way too big for the ones I've seen :(

You don;t need anything expensive, dumping billions of loo rolls does the job fine
Mort13 Posted - 18/04/2011 : 10:01:37
This is what my little housies are in at the mo. Only 5 litre clip seal boxes.
This is Echo's home,Eli has a blue hide in his lol:

They both have a crocodile skull under the plant. As gingerpony says,you do have to be aware of them growing and getting too big for the holes. Having a decoration with holes too small for your snake is a good excuse to get another baby snake though.
gingerpony Posted - 18/04/2011 : 09:08:18
only thing about decor with holes in is if the snake gets stuck when it gets bigger! just something to worry about be aware of
ptmbradley Posted - 17/04/2011 : 17:05:34
Here's my rub that I only moved Pandora into a few days ago. It's 12 litre which is around 30 inches total length/width. Pandora is coming up 20 inches so has plenty of room to grow...

Pandora's Box...

I know someone who wants to sell their Exo terra 18x18 terrarium so am thinking of moving her again soon the poor thing! Rubs are easy and cheap but the view isn't all that. Not that she ever comes out to say hello anyway!! lol If I get this terrarium she can double her size in that before I move her onto a bigger and hopefully permanent home...

Pete
Invalid User Posted - 17/04/2011 : 15:35:38
I do put things in mine but because I use kitchen roll as a substrate, most of my corns just hide under that and don't use the hides or plants. The boas do like the hides though.

The only time they use them is when they are shedding and use them to help remove the old skin.
Red123 Posted - 17/04/2011 : 15:30:44
Ooooooh nice to see another pic of a RUB set up. They are not shown often enough. I have egg cartons in mine and kitchen roll tubes but I do keep clear of anything that snakes can get in and I won't be able to get them out. I have enough trouble with kitchen towel middles!
lotabob Posted - 17/04/2011 : 14:30:44

18 litre rub, plenty of room for two hides, a piece of java wood and a big bit of foliage, I've switched to orchid bark too so looks even prettier now. Its my Boa's setup, Sanke loves climbing in it. I think anything they can hide in or climb on or both is a good thing.
gmac Posted - 17/04/2011 : 13:27:25
the Skulls are great, we had one in ours and the only problem was when snake was due a feed he still wouldn't come out of it

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000