The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Leaving a hatchling

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fowler Posted - 16/04/2011 : 18:44:14
Hello,

I have a hatchling corn snake and it is my first snake. I done a lot of research before I got it to ensure that I could do my best to keep it healthy and happy, and it is feeding, shedding and growing well. I am going on holiday for a week and I know that it can go without food for this time but I know fresh water is more important, so I have bought an exo terra water dispenser, and I was just wondering if this would be okay to use and leave for a week?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, James.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 17/04/2011 : 20:46:50
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

For the notoriously messy ones I'll add a second water dish for them.

CLEVER!
eeji Posted - 17/04/2011 : 20:28:31
if I go away, they get fresh water before we leave and then it gets changed when we get back. For the notoriously messy ones I'll add a second water dish for them.
scubadude Posted - 17/04/2011 : 10:26:52
Hi and welcome, one of the other problems with these dispensers is that they don't account for you snake fouling his waterbowl, It hasn't happened that often with mine but if it has happened, obviously then the water needs changing straight away.
Congrats on the new snake
Mort13 Posted - 17/04/2011 : 09:28:12
I'm going away for 5 days next month,first time I've left my snakes eeeek!!
They'll get fresh water before I leave on Mon,my mums coming down and giving them some fresh on Wed,and I'll be back Fri. If you can sort something like that,snakey will be fine.
Red123 Posted - 17/04/2011 : 09:19:49
Some pet shops and private individuals do reptile boarding if you ring around. Might be worth it if you can't find anyone to change the water. Or maybe a friend or relative would be willing to have the snake at their house for a week.
gingerpony Posted - 16/04/2011 : 21:00:03
but if you're away for a week is it possible to get somebody to check on it and change the water midweek? 3 days should be fine for their water
gingerpony Posted - 16/04/2011 : 20:56:19
true, without the water being actually emptied and refilled it will just sit there, and a snake is highly unlikely to drink enough for the dispenser to provide a fresh supply........
lotabob Posted - 16/04/2011 : 20:16:31
I've seen those water dispensers. Looks like a rock with a bottle inside. I honestly don't see the point of them. its still standing water and will still stagnate even in the bottle plus the risk of a nosey hatchling sticking its head to see where the hole at the back goes and getting stuck in the bottle is worrying too. Water ideally needs changing daily but will be OK for 2-3 days. I've left mine 3 days without a problem so as above, see about someone coming and changing the water.
Fowler Posted - 16/04/2011 : 19:19:20
Okay, thanks for the help!
matty18714 Posted - 16/04/2011 : 18:45:43
I have not seen the product, but if you can get someone to change the water half way I would just do that.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000