The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 update in ivy!!!!!!! yes!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
luke1989 Posted - 13/04/2011 : 19:34:34
well after a long time away on here i am posting as im happy now and decided to return!

my snake ivy developed feeding issues last july, i posted on here and tried everything, after 5 months of not eating i got really really worried and too a trip to great western referrals vets in swindon, they do reptiles there and i didnt know till recentley.

so i took her in and they flushed out her vent and found paracites, so got medicine for that which i gave here over a weeks course, and she still didnt eat.

so took her back and because of her lack of eating she had major fatty build up in her liver (i think thats what they said) so i had to give her injections. which wasnt nice but necessary. and i got to be a vet

so 5 injections later one every 3 days and an oral catheter to feed her liquidised food so she didnt die no feeding.

so i gave her a week before i was going to take her back and last night she took a fuzzy from me, didnt strike like she always used to but i dont care!!!

so £200 lighter she is now seeming on the mend and im so chuffed.

all that trauma and 9 MONTHS LATER she is still got fight in her. long process but worth it.

NOTE TO ALL, NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

some pics for reminder and sorry for the long post.

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
luke1989 Posted - 14/04/2011 : 20:08:24
thanks! :D
Newbie Posted - 14/04/2011 : 18:22:52
So nice to hear a happy story, she's beautiful and is lucky she has such a devoted owner willing to take such good care of her! Wonderful news, go you!
Mort13 Posted - 13/04/2011 : 20:13:45
Wow congrats,sounds like its been a long hard slog.
Well worth it though eh. She's stunning.
Strawb Posted - 13/04/2011 : 20:10:34
Congrats Luke. I'm Glad Ivy is on the mend.
Oh! And don't apologize for the long post, my posts can really ramble on at times.
Red123 Posted - 13/04/2011 : 19:46:00
Bet if she wasn't a snake you would have given her a kiss and a cuddle when she ate :) Its nice to hear good news :)
luke1989 Posted - 13/04/2011 : 19:42:16
thanks, one of the happiest moments ever for me was seeing her eat again.
Red123 Posted - 13/04/2011 : 19:39:18
What a beautiful snake and name. I'm so glad that Ivy is turning the corner and is on her way to recovery :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000