The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Another question sorry !!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alyson19802 Posted - 13/04/2011 : 09:16:59
As I only have 7 more days to go and now down to single figure countdown I am starting to get very anxious and hope I have everything.

The viv I bought is 2nd had as the guy in the shop wanted £350 for the full set up a bit steep I thought and that was doing me a deal lol

How long should I have it set up for before Neo as we have decided to call him arrives ?
Also do snakes get territorial if they smell another snake as I am aware that I will have to give the viv a thorough clean but will it unsettle him if he smells another snake?? does that sound really mad

Also Neo has been sharing his 3ft viv with 2 ladies will he be lonely when he comes home I am not sure how long he has been sharing ??

I am so sorry if these are particularly ridicolous questions think my mind is now going into overdrive, I didn't stress this much with my kids
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 13/04/2011 : 13:37:35
it's exciting!!!
i'd set it up as soon as you have the chance, then let temps settle and stabilise, you could post some pics on here for any advice, then it's all perfect for when he arrives

and i agree, he won't be lonely, he'll have all the best spots in the viv all to himself
Alyson19802 Posted - 13/04/2011 : 11:17:40
Thanks everyone much appreciated , I litreally cannot wait how sad am I lol
MrsA82 Posted - 13/04/2011 : 10:50:46
Wow that des seem steep. I have a 2 viv stack that ist less than that!!! I have a couple of second hand ones. After a good disinfect with f10 or dettol solution should remove any traces of previous occupants . He will be better off alone.

As for setting it up. The longer is running empty the better really. But couple o days should be fine. To check all your temps are ok etc.

Can tell someone is excited!! No sleep for you for the next week
Lucy1012 Posted - 13/04/2011 : 10:43:46
set the viv up maybe the evening before so the heatmat etc can get up top temp and you can play around with the stat to get things just right... I am not sure about them being territorial but would def disinfect with a reptile safe cleaner to prevent any cross infection.. He will settle in to his new viv in time...

he won't be lonely i can assure you, snakes generally only seek company during the breeding season, the rest of the time they are solitary..
Mamma Posted - 13/04/2011 : 10:41:58
He may get territorial if he still smells snake in the viv. He will be fine in the viv on his own :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000