The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 late shedding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cammy Posted - 13/03/2011 : 12:21:32
hi my corns eye have turned from a blue ish to the normal black eyes what does this mean.thanks.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cammy Posted - 14/03/2011 : 10:06:34
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

don't be worried that you've missed it if you corn's eyes clear again, you've not missed it, from their eyes clearing again it can still be a week or so before they shed.
don't be fooled into thinking your snake has perfect eyesight during this waiting period either, it hasn't and handling at this time can be stressful for a snake with impaired vision

thanks
gingerpony Posted - 13/03/2011 : 22:23:08
don't be worried that you've missed it if you corn's eyes clear again, you've not missed it, from their eyes clearing again it can still be a week or so before they shed.
don't be fooled into thinking your snake has perfect eyesight during this waiting period either, it hasn't and handling at this time can be stressful for a snake with impaired vision
cammy Posted - 13/03/2011 : 13:58:33
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Yep it may be 1 day but can be as long as a few weeks before they actually strip off, so you just have to patient, which is easier said than done.

A little tip for if you want to keep the shed and providing its in one piece. If you find it and its not totally dried out hold it by the head piece open the mouth and gently blow into it (dont put yourmouth onto it, thats icky) it inflates like a little balloon and takes all the creases and kinks out of it then gently lie it down and you'l have a straight little keepsake.

thanks
lotabob Posted - 13/03/2011 : 13:41:11
Yep it may be 1 day but can be as long as a few weeks before they actually strip off, so you just have to patient, which is easier said than done.

A little tip for if you want to keep the shed and providing its in one piece. If you find it and its not totally dried out hold it by the head piece open the mouth and gently blow into it (dont put yourmouth onto it, thats icky) it inflates like a little balloon and takes all the creases and kinks out of it then gently lie it down and you'l have a straight little keepsake.
cammy Posted - 13/03/2011 : 12:27:06
quote:
Originally posted by lrv2307

they will shed soon.......you might find a little prezzy hiding somewhere, or you might be lucky enough to watch them shed

thanks i will keep a look out then lol
lrv2307 Posted - 13/03/2011 : 12:25:54
they will shed soon.......you might find a little prezzy hiding somewhere, or you might be lucky enough to watch them shed

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000