The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 how often do corns drink?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
esox Posted - 11/03/2011 : 08:16:34
hd fred for 4 weeks now and havent seen ihm drink once, or even go near the water bowl, could he be doing it at night? just a little worried, he's only a hatchling so I imagine I wouldnt notice any water gone
also the bowl is in the cool end

thanks.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 11/03/2011 : 13:33:42
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

the only one of mine i see drinking is the OAP corn Oscar, every time he has fresh water he comes out to see what i'm doing then dunks his head in the water! lol

Heheh my old guy does that too XD it's like he forgets water exists until I change it lol
herriotfan Posted - 11/03/2011 : 13:02:12
I've got a little one that I've never seen drink. Your's is probably sipping away during the night when you're fast asleep!
gingerpony Posted - 11/03/2011 : 11:24:00
the only one of mine i see drinking is the OAP corn Oscar, every time he has fresh water he comes out to see what i'm doing then dunks his head in the water! lol
LynneM_212 Posted - 11/03/2011 : 10:57:10
Yea i think they do it secretly!! although i was holding Kchalice last night whilst changing her water and as i held it she went straight up to it and started having a very long drink !!1 wooop was amazing lol !!! x
esox Posted - 11/03/2011 : 10:38:32
cheers guys, has out my mind at rest.
Mort13 Posted - 11/03/2011 : 10:34:23
I wouldn't worry,he's probably craftily sipping away while you're not around.
Its rare I've seen mine drink. The only time I've seen Falcor drink was once while I was still holding him and putting him back in the viv.
Loki came out and had a good guzzle the other morning,it was like a mojor event in my household lol!
Red123 Posted - 11/03/2011 : 09:50:38
We have had Sid just over a year now and only seen him drink maybe 6 times in total. Frank always has a drink straight after downing a meal but i have never seen Keith drink at all. I guess they would drink in the middle of the night when all is quiet and still. Like Lousie says they will drink when they need to as long as fresh water is available.
Invalid User Posted - 11/03/2011 : 09:25:48
I have only ever seen one of my corn snakes drinking.

As long as the water is there he will drink it if he needs so don't worry.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000