The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 cornsnake not eating

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
martin29 Posted - 06/03/2011 : 21:15:01
hi ya chaps this is my first post so go easy on me.

im havin a couple of problems with my corn snake its only been happening over space of 3 weeks now he dont really seem too be eating as much now. is on 2 medium mice every six weeks is only been eating 1 then turning is nose up for the second one.ive been reading other posts about the temp dropping mines reading 24oc on hot and cold side ive got 2 heats mats running at the mo is never been like this before probeley time of the month

any info with be appreciated

cheers martin
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tehbunneh Posted - 06/03/2011 : 23:27:58
In the mean time to sorting out your heat gradient, you shouldn't feed your snake, as this could cause the mouse to rot in their gut if the temps are not right, and you'll either had a sick snake, or a horrid regurge to sort out!
lotabob Posted - 06/03/2011 : 22:53:40
It could be the breeding season but a more pressing matter would be to sort out a heat gradient so he has the choice of a hot side (28-30 degrees C) and a cold end (19-21 Degrees C/room temp). There are some good sticky posts at the top of each subject, they should give you some good advice about the way to setup your snakes enclosure.
martin29 Posted - 06/03/2011 : 21:45:55
its a male snake 2 years old i got him off my m8 he really didnt look after it so i took it off is hands on a drunken night out its 24oc the whole width of the viv just the back section its just a standard plug and play heat mats ive never had the problem before used too hold temp could it be the mats the nackard ive put some pics up aswell
SexyBear77 Posted - 06/03/2011 : 21:23:25
Firstly, how old is your snake? Its currently breeding season, and this causes many males, and some females, to go off their food.

Secondly, 2 mice every 6 weeks doesn't seem like a great feeding schedule- my adults get fed every 2 or 3 weeks minimum.

Your temps confuse me- do you mean the temp is 24c at both ends? If so, your hot end is too cold- should be around 38-30c. I tend to leave my cold ends at room temperature. 2 mats should also be unnecessary, 1 appropriately sized mat should be fine. Are your mats controlled by a thermostat? If not, they should be. Digital thermometers are also very useful.

If you provide us with more info, hopefully we can help more.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000