The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Amazing Corn Snake Colour Variations

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ailsa Posted - 05/03/2011 : 13:11:12
Am hoping to get my new corn snake in the next few weeks. I didnt realise just how many colour variations corn snakes can be. I like the bright vivid oranges and the deep reds abd blood reds.

What do you guys think, would you go for a bright vivid colour or a pale colour?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 07/03/2011 : 00:42:14
Enough is a unfamiliar concept round these parts.
mina0103 Posted - 07/03/2011 : 00:16:30

(The plus point to all the morphs is if you can't make your mind up then you can always get another...then another.. and so on.
[/quote]

funny, thats wat i was thinking, hmmm the question is; how many is enough? lol.
SexyBear77 Posted - 06/03/2011 : 21:08:04
I have one of a few shades/colours. I still need (yes, need, not want!) a bloodred, abbotts okeetee, platinum, opal.... bah, to many to mention.
Tiffany-x Posted - 06/03/2011 : 18:18:30
Anything with lavender gets my vote! :P Just like my beautiful Lacey, but I do also love normals :)
Tiffany-x
ozziesmum Posted - 05/03/2011 : 23:22:13
I think everyone has there favorites but when you really look closely at any of the different colours/morphs they are all stunning.
jonoandapril Posted - 05/03/2011 : 23:09:59
my first two were carolinas (when i was sixteen) but since i restarted keeping iv got an amel zig-zag just for veriety. my wife has a carolina tho. guess its just down to taste. i like colour, she likes darker variations!
Mort13 Posted - 05/03/2011 : 20:03:02
Well I started off with a carolina and the next was a pewter so they are total opposites.
I think tehbunneh has made a very good point though. I'd recommend having an open mind on the morph and handling a few to see which one feels right.
The plus point to all the morphs is if you can't make your mind up then you can always get another...then another.. and so on.
Sta~ple Posted - 05/03/2011 : 20:01:38
I'd just got for a Classic, they are the real beauties.
Newbie Posted - 05/03/2011 : 19:06:50
I've got a lovely bright Carolina Motley, so if I got another I would probably go for a Hypo Lavender or Pewter, Anery's are beautiful as well...oh forget it, I'd have all of them!
tehbunneh Posted - 05/03/2011 : 14:58:44
I personally prefer the anery-based breeds (ie. the black, white and grey ones XD). I have... 3 anery-based morphs (anery, granite and hypo-pewter), 1 Carolina, the wild type, and also a Bloodred. I have always like red, black, white and grey, and I think my animal collection exhibits that nicely X3 Conan is just gorgeous in temperament, so I'm really not fussed about his colour!

I think, for a new comer to snakes, you should worry more on the temperament then the morph to begin with. When you go and look at snakes to buy, request to hold them, get a feel for the temper by handling and seeing them in their enclosure; visit them a few times, perhaps, before committing. First snake should always be a gentle introduction, then once you are brave enough in that you feel you can handle anything a snake can throw at you, get a snake like Widget that'll bite you at any opportunity, but, when an adult, will look stunning XDDDD
eeji Posted - 05/03/2011 : 14:18:56
definitely orange! I don't see the point of having a nice colourful snake like a corn then making grey ones! :D
Invalid User Posted - 05/03/2011 : 13:14:43
All my corns bar one are orange ones! Not because I prefer them, just because thats what I ended up with, plus 4 of them are future breeding projects.

If I do get another corn I would love a snow of some type.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000