The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 That was a first! Fluffy poo.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lotabob Posted - 03/03/2011 : 19:51:26
Spot has just moved up to mice very slightly bigger than a fuzzy but they have more fur than a fuzzy does. He took an extra day (I gave him an extra day anyway) to digest and his normal 2-3 day poo schedule went out the window too.

I was spot checking his viv when I came across something that instantly sent a chill of dread down my spine. A pile of fur, I instantly thought regurge (why do snakes always have us thinking the worse), I began to pull it apart with a c0cktail stick like some crazed CSI and was able to see it was a clear poop followed by what looks like a fur filled wee. It never crossed my mind that they cant digest certain parts of the mouse even though I'm aware that nails, teeth and fur are the things that tend to be undigestable.

One thing is for sure, it wasn't a regurge so I can release a sigh of relief.

Now going to just throw it out there for confirmation its nothing to worry about.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jonoandapril Posted - 07/03/2011 : 17:53:29
really? fluffy poo?? i just moved up tango onto smalls and now you tell me shes gonna be cracking hairys?? id have shaved it if id known lol
lucyloop Posted - 03/03/2011 : 22:22:01
Ha! a wig! Yes Tiko is on medium mice so they are rather fluffety!
lotabob Posted - 03/03/2011 : 22:04:40
Haha, you really do get up close and personal. Who knew they presort their waste, the councils up and down the country could learn a thing or two. lol.

Spots only just moved to seriously fluffy mice so I'm guessing the braided dump is what to expect from now on. (Oh god my royal hasn't been for 2 months, he's gonna drop out a wig).
lucyloop Posted - 03/03/2011 : 21:28:10
Right, I am sorry to be gross but Tiko will never never poo in his viv, he waits til he is out (even if I leave it an extra day or two) and then I chase him round the sofa with a tissue. So anyway, my observation of his poops are fairly up close and personal. They go like this - clear wee first, followed by mucky brown, followed by ALOT more mucky brown and then some white "fluff" looks like ground up bone etc and then some more clear wee. I cannot believe I jusy typed this but well you did ask....ewww
tehbunneh Posted - 03/03/2011 : 19:56:54
Conan did one of those shortly after arrival, and in a bath I ran for him too x.x They are REALLY weird looking aren't they? His one in the bath was almost like a braid it was so twisted and long! He's on medium mice too, so it sorta makes sense. Horrid thing, snake poo XP

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000