The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Food size!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Shelby Posted - 28/02/2011 : 12:09:15
Hey all... I have a quick question I was just wondering how to tell wen u need to up ur snakes food size cos my little snakes are eating 3 pinkies every feeding at the moment and I just wondered if I would n able to get something larger or just keep feeding them the 3 each time??? Also I'm not sure how old they r but there both about 17 inches long! Thanks In advance!! Xxx
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 01/03/2011 : 10:35:16
The shop by me sells fuzzies and they are quite variable in size. Ask to have a look and see if you can pick out some smaller ones,thats what I do. Means you get to pick the ones that look the tastiest too (excuse how that sounds)
Hope the fuzzy feed goes well Shelby.
mina0103 Posted - 01/03/2011 : 01:31:17
quote:
Originally posted by MrsA82

Can I just gate crash a bit save me posting on same subject.

2 of my corns are about 18" and have just started giving them 2 pinkies very 7 days. 1 pinkie wasn't leaving a nice bulge anymore. I know when they are on doubles it is advised to go onto fuzzies. I was given some fuzzies but they seem huge compared to the pinkies. Definitely bigger than their girth. Do fuzzies vary in size? Just wondering if I have been given some large ones?? And could get smaller?

when i tried nekko on fuzzys he wouldnt take it so i went and asked for large pinkys and small fuzzys, gave him the pinkys then he ate his first fuzzy yest.
Good luck.
MrsA82 Posted - 28/02/2011 : 14:11:48
Can I just gate crash a bit save me posting on same subject.

2 of my corns are about 18" and have just started giving them 2 pinkies very 7 days. 1 pinkie wasn't leaving a nice bulge anymore. I know when they are on doubles it is advised to go onto fuzzies. I was given some fuzzies but they seem huge compared to the pinkies. Definitely bigger than their girth. Do fuzzies vary in size? Just wondering if I have been given some large ones?? And could get smaller?
Shelby Posted - 28/02/2011 : 12:52:33
Thank u so much yea I still have pinkies left so will use them aswell as some fuzzies!!!! Thanks again!!
HannahB Posted - 28/02/2011 : 12:46:43
you can get some pinkies to alternate - one fuzzie one feed and then the next feed go back to two pinkies, then back to one fuzzie and then stay on fuzzies if they are ok with them
glad to be of some help!
Shelby Posted - 28/02/2011 : 12:32:16
Cool thanks for the quick reply I shall buy some n see if there ok on them!!! Xx
HannahB Posted - 28/02/2011 : 12:12:07
generally when what they are being fed no longer leaves a noticeable bump in their stomachs..
3 pinkies is probably equal to a small fuzzy so you could try them and see how they do

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000