The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Yet another shedding problem

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tiswas Posted - 14/02/2011 : 20:35:44
Hi everyone. Siren has just shed (her first time with me). Tail is all clear and her eyes seemto be ok but she has one small patch left right on the top of her head. She still seems a bit unhappy with being handled so I've put her back without trying to do anything. The old skin didn't come off in one piece and was well and truly wrapped around the foliage!
She's had a damp hide in her viv since her eyes cleared from being blue and so far I've left it in there to try and help loosen the bit still on the top of her head. It's placed in the middle of her viv, partly on and partly off the heatmat.
Should I try and get it off for her or leave her to it? I know for a fact that she'll hate me trying to get it off, she's very twitchy about her head.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tiswas Posted - 15/02/2011 : 20:59:00
OK, so me and the boyfriend just tag-teamed siren. She's successfully slithered through a damp towel many times and her skin is kind of looser but still attached. Damp moss hides in her viv, now all i'm waiting for is for her to rub her head on her log and get it off herself!
HannahB Posted - 14/02/2011 : 21:10:05
maybe put a bit of damp moss in both hides so that it might be encouraged off naturally, or get a slightly damp towel and let her wriggle through it whilst holding her which might help

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000