The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Stupid idea.? Or would it work?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AngelX Posted - 13/02/2011 : 12:21:03
Right, this is probably going to sound ridiculous, but I love both my snakes, but I love tortoises too, in my room I don't have room for another viv, but would you be able to put a tortoise in with a snake.?? I know it would probably be a no but it's worth asking Snakes wouldn't eat a tortoise would they.? Or would they attack it?
Sorry for the stupid question, Thanks!!
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AngelX Posted - 27/02/2011 : 16:11:03
Ok thanks everyone, did kind of know that it wasn't going to work, but i just wanted to ask the experts
n/a Posted - 14/02/2011 : 01:35:26
They wouldn't encounter each other in the wild, so from where I am sat, it's not going to work in your 'created environment'. Don't do it
testdasi Posted - 13/02/2011 : 21:40:42
quote:
Originally posted by AngelX

Right, this is probably going to sound ridiculous, but I love both my snakes, but I love tortoises too, in my room I don't have room for another viv, but would you be able to put a tortoise in with a snake.?? I know it would probably be a no but it's worth asking Snakes wouldn't eat a tortoise would they.? Or would they attack it?
Sorry for the stupid question, Thanks!!

The tortoise can snap a corn into 2 pieces before the corn can say "slow".
Sta~ple Posted - 13/02/2011 : 15:38:07
Sell an old cofee table/random table in your house thats like a cofee table or something one of those coffee table tortoise tables :)
lotabob Posted - 13/02/2011 : 15:14:16
I've been bitten by a tortoise, if it took offense with the snake a bite could do the snake some serious damage or even kill the snake. If you cant afford or have no room to keep an animal, you simply don't get that animal. no ifs no buts.
herriotfan Posted - 13/02/2011 : 15:08:52
What sort of tortoise are you looking at buying? If it's a Hermanns or Horsfield then Lou's idea of making the top of your viv into a tortoise table would work, if your viv is big enough.
Housing together is a really bad idea, they have totally different housing needs.
Invalid User Posted - 13/02/2011 : 14:02:56
I have seen a few setups where people have turned the top of their vivs into a tortoise table, They just raise the sides up and attach a heat lamp etc. Not sure how effective it is but it's maybe something to look into.
eeji Posted - 13/02/2011 : 12:59:57
no, for the same reasons I'd say no to keeping a tort and a beardie together
Katie.Dublin Posted - 13/02/2011 : 12:31:01
I've got a tortoise that lives with my bearded dragon. The snake probably wouldn't put much pass on it because they rarely move at all! Still though, I'm guessing it'll be a firm No for many reasons.
AngelX Posted - 13/02/2011 : 12:29:39
Yeah thought so :/ Oh well, Thank you
a33272 Posted - 13/02/2011 : 12:26:52
i would hazard a pretty good guess at no on this one
DannyBrown91 Posted - 13/02/2011 : 12:24:35
I know absolutely noyhing about tortoise care but i personally wouldn't.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000