The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 newby :) jus a few questions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
squiggy88 Posted - 09/02/2011 : 15:42:08
hi all

got a gold dust corn snake on the 28th jan for my birthday :D after slowly learning bits and bobs from handeling my boyfriends snakes. so im not totaly dumb just abit ill advised on some aspects of my snakeys life haha

firstly i have a starter tank for sparky hes proberbly now the length of one side of it he has some greenary and a rock and a toilet roll tube in it and hes on aspen but gets fed in a diffrent enclosure to avoid swollowing aspen

i am wondering at what size do i buy him a viv and what size viv do i then buy him....my boyfriends snake is now 4ft long and in a 2ft viv didnt no if i shud buy him a new bigger viv and me have the 2ft one for sparkey im at a loose end cos i dnt really wana buy a small one to find we have to buy a a bigger one for rocky anyway.

i currently feed 2 pinkys every 4days and he woolfs them down as if hes starving should i feed more? the store we got him from they fed 1 pinky every 9days and he was ravonouse when we got him

any advice will be greatly appriciated as im a dumb blonde and just want the best for my little fella

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 09/02/2011 : 23:41:00
Piece of mdf suitably secured would do the trick nicely :)
squiggy88 Posted - 09/02/2011 : 23:27:27
aw excellent thank you :D yas have been a great help the advice on big viv and block off part ya dont need is a great idea :D
mikerichards Posted - 09/02/2011 : 18:37:19
quote:
Originally posted by Benji54

2 pinkies every 4 days seems a lot to me. i think one pinkie every 7 would be a good bet. they ALWYAYS seem hungry lol! as for changing vivs...how big is your snake? weight/ girth wise. if it was me id probably get a bigger viv for your BF's, keep urs in its faun for a while and then move yours into the 2ft. (make sure 2ft is all clean and disinfeted first. :) hope that helps.

Spot on pretty much, although, drop to one pinky every 4 or 5 days, for babies its fine, but as their size increases, decrease the frequency until you are at 1 mouse every 7 days for an adult, a mouse a fortnight if hes a chunker.
n/a Posted - 09/02/2011 : 16:07:46
Given that yr snake is going to be with you for many many years i'd personally suggest getting the biggest you'd need and sectioning off the part not needed until they get big enough for it. That way you'd only need to buy little bits and pieces as their home expands.
Benji54 Posted - 09/02/2011 : 16:07:00
2 pinkies every 4 days seems a lot to me. i think one pinkie every 7 would be a good bet. they ALWYAYS seem hungry lol! as for changing vivs...how big is your snake? weight/ girth wise. if it was me id probably get a bigger viv for your BF's, keep urs in its faun for a while and then move yours into the 2ft. (make sure 2ft is all clean and disinfeted first. :) hope that helps.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000