The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Still hasn't eaten :( I don't know why!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NatashaK Posted - 03/02/2011 : 19:21:54
Well it's week 4 of not eating for my little Alice now :( I have tried absolutely everything and I can't stop worrying about him! He's only a baby (6 months today) I really don't know what else I can do and I can't see any reason why he's off his food. He usually is a very very good eater!!! Please please please can someone help me!!!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 03/02/2011 : 20:02:39
My corn is the same age, and isn't eating at the moment, he has still managed to gain a gram in weight so I'm not worried. Best you can do is weigh and watch.
NatashaK Posted - 03/02/2011 : 19:54:57
Eeek I hope your right :( it's hard not to worry, he's only a baby. So far I've tried heating the mouse, braining, chopping the head off, leaving it in his faun overnight and I think that's all lol. He has plenty of hides, temps are all good, fresh water every day so I can't see a problem. It all started 4 weeks ago when he went off his food when he shed :S oh I've also tried no handling him for a whole week which was hard but made no difference, and the other week I tried handling him alot to try and get him hungry. I'm too scared to assist feed, I'll probably end up hurting him because I have no idea what I'm doing. I hope he doesn't get ill!!
lrv2307 Posted - 03/02/2011 : 19:46:29
would nt worry too much, i have a king snake about the same age whos off her food.....only taken one pinkie out of two of the last two feeds ive tried.....as lota says, sure its the time of year
lotabob Posted - 03/02/2011 : 19:42:07
I have 2 off food at the moment, its just the time of year. Hang in there, monitor weight and attempt to feed as normal and he will eat when he is ready.

If your setup is fine, the snake has plenty of hidey holes etc then there isn't much else you can do but wait. If there is a lot of weight loss then maybe see about assist feeding (not something you should try, its a last resort) but I'm sure in the next week or two he'll go back on his food.

When you say you've tried everything, what have you tried?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000