The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Any way to make your snake grow faster ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Newbie 105 Posted - 02/02/2011 : 23:30:02
It might be a silly question but it's just a though is there a way with out pumping it with roids ?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Newbie 105 Posted - 05/02/2011 : 02:20:12
Your pic at about 4-5 months old was he or she on fuzzies then ?
mikerichards Posted - 04/02/2011 : 23:40:03
reflection is great.
simonw Posted - 04/02/2011 : 23:24:50
Yes, now that I reflect on seeing snakes dying eating crocs I realise it was a daft thing to say, and thanks mike richards for pointing that out in such a pleasant manner. Perhaps you'd prefer it if I didn't post here?
mikerichards Posted - 04/02/2011 : 23:12:00
quote:
Originally posted by simonw

I have another solution... Hold the snake closer :)

Over feeding will not result in a faster growing snake. Just like kids who are given too much to eat, they just get fat. Which in turn would hinder their growth in skeletal terms.

Also you can't get a snake to eat things that are bigger than it wants to eat.

Have you heard of a little thing called power feeding??? it just so happens to be a process where a snake is overfed for the only reason of making it grow faster.

And you can make a snake eat something too big for it, show the food to it.
Seriously, thats a load of rubbish you wrote there.
Benji54 Posted - 04/02/2011 : 18:07:10
really awesome pics Paul, thats amazing! wish id done that with mine! lol at simon, thats a great idea!
simonw Posted - 04/02/2011 : 16:57:48
I have another solution... Hold the snake closer :)

Over feeding will not result in a faster growing snake. Just like kids who are given too much to eat, they just get fat. Which in turn would hinder their growth in skeletal terms.

Also you can't get a snake to eat things that are bigger than it wants to eat.
Paul Hume Posted - 04/02/2011 : 14:08:10
Hi again,

As I said before here are some pics over 8 months of Tiny's life.

3 Months

4 Months

5 Months

6 Months

7 Months

8 Months

9 Months

10 Months

I thought this may help give some idea of how quick they grow.
Paul Hume Posted - 04/02/2011 : 08:25:17
To be honest if you feed the snake what it needs when it needs it then you will see that they grow prety quickly, I fed my babies pinkies every 5 days and they were on fuzzies before you know it.

I took photos of mine every month and it is amazing how much they grow. You don't really notice it day to day when looking after them but when you look back at the photos you can really see. I will try and get the photos up later and show you,
Newbie 105 Posted - 03/02/2011 : 23:22:35
It's a joke like a I forgot the word but I question that doesn't need answering the roids bit but the things I was looking to see is if weening a snake of pinkies onto fuzzies will that make it grow faster as I heard pinkies are about 80% water
Benji54 Posted - 03/02/2011 : 17:18:16
quote:
Originally posted by Katie.Dublin

Did nobody think that this might be somebody ripping the wee? :P Surely you couldnt think it was humanely possible to ''pump it up with 'roids?''

see my earler post. he didnt actually say he was going to do that! :)
Katie.Dublin Posted - 03/02/2011 : 17:06:24
Did nobody think that this might be somebody ripping the wee? :P Surely you couldnt think it was humanely possible to ''pump it up with 'roids?''
Benji54 Posted - 03/02/2011 : 15:48:46
quote:
Originally posted by ilovemypets1988

lol, yh it was a typo lol, :) and what a snake to have, an anaconda, saying that a burmese grows bigger :P

not bigger than a green annie... a reticulated python grows loooooooonger but no snake grows BIGGER than a green anaconda.

that said my carpet python is big enough! i used to really want a burm but now im handling the carpet i realise just how much snake that is to keep an eye on!
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 03/02/2011 : 14:25:34
lol, yh it was a typo lol, :) and what a snake to have, an anaconda, saying that a burmese grows bigger :P
Benji54 Posted - 03/02/2011 : 14:07:47
quote:
Originally posted by ilovemypets1988

the best way i can think of putting it, is that u wouldnt want your kids to grow up too quickly, so why do u want your animals to grow quickly.
you would give kids steriods, so why give them to animals.
finally, there are some countrys out there that ban snake keeping completely and theres 1 country that bans snakes fall stop (even for zoo`s), so we are lucky to be able to own them without needing a lisence or anything excessive really and we are extremely lucky to have such a variety of choice and availability which other places dont. not forgetting that we also have vets here that deal with our wonderful animals. so after taking all of this into consideration, why would we even think of harming them, or doing something that posses a risk of harm or death.
if anyone can argue this point, i would love to hear it

i completely agree 100% just wanted to point out that newbie 105 never actually suggested using steroids on a snake, i believe the example was used as a humerous example of an extreme. They asked if there was any way to make a snake grow "SHORT of pumping it full of steroids" so dont be too hard on 'em.

i agree tho, let it grow. if you want a bigger one, buy an adult...or an anaconda!

also, im sure its a typo but you've put that you WOULD give kids steroids!
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 03/02/2011 : 14:01:23
the best way i can think of putting it, is that u wouldnt want your kids to grow up too quickly, so why do u want your animals to grow quickly.
you would give kids steriods, so why give them to animals.
finally, there are some countrys out there that ban snake keeping completely and theres 1 country that bans snakes fall stop (even for zoo`s), so we are lucky to be able to own them without needing a lisence or anything excessive really and we are extremely lucky to have such a variety of choice and availability which other places dont. not forgetting that we also have vets here that deal with our wonderful animals. so after taking all of this into consideration, why would we even think of harming them, or doing something that posses a risk of harm or death.
if anyone can argue this point, i would love to hear it
Paul Hume Posted - 03/02/2011 : 13:54:45
You could always go and buy a big snake?

as all others have said, you will be amazed at how fast they grow.
scubadude Posted - 03/02/2011 : 12:02:37
just feed the snake as normal, you'll be surprised how fast they grow using normal feeding and husbandry, I got my corn home at the end of December and it's weight has more than doubled since then.
Benji54 Posted - 03/02/2011 : 11:20:24
quote:
Originally posted by Ammerz

quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:
Originally posted by lrv2307

quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

Why would you want your snake to grow too quickly? Why boost it's growth, leave it to grow naturally!!

totally agree with herriotfan

just let let snakey grow naturally, i bet he/she is growing fast but as you see it everyday you dont notice. weigh and measure their length im sure youll see the difference every few weeks

mine have grown so much since i got them, from the ickle hatchy that would just cover the palm of my hand

I also agree.

I weigh mine every week before I feed them and it's quite surprising how much they are all growing.

Really?? I force feed mine steriods and protein shakes as well as taking them down the gym to lift some weigth!! My snakes are tank!! Lol!!

No... seriously keep them happy and healthy and they will grow in no time. Alternativly if you want a big snake go and by an adult.

PMSL! have you thought of holding its tail and just swinging it round? serioously PLEASE DONT DO THAT!

they grow fast enough and as you have a cornsnake, its never gunna be massive anyway. just enjoy the cheap food stage and let nature run its course. dont forget. itll be about full size by 4-5 years and then itll stay almost the same for 15 years so enjoy the novelty of it growing! :)
Ammerz Posted - 03/02/2011 : 10:45:52
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

quote:

quote:

Why would you want your snake to grow too quickly? Why boost it's growth, leave it to grow naturally!!

just let let snakey grow naturally, i bet he/she is growing fast but as you see it everyday you dont notice. weigh and measure their length im sure youll see the difference every few weeks

mine have grown so much since i got them, from the ickle hatchy that would just cover the palm of my hand

I also agree.

I weigh mine every week before I feed them and it's quite surprising how much they are all growing.

Really?? I force feed mine steriods and protein shakes as well as taking them down the gym to lift some weigth!! My snakes are tank!! Lol!!

No... seriously keep them happy and healthy and they will grow in no time. Alternativly if you want a big snake go and by an adult.
Invalid User Posted - 03/02/2011 : 09:36:38
quote:

quote:

I also agree.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000