The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Multiple snake owners...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Invalid User Posted - 02/02/2011 : 19:31:09
Do you feed all your snakes on the same day?

So far mine are all fed on different days (just how it worked out when I brought them home) but I want to try and get them all feeding on the same day.

Just wondered what you lot do
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
vetdebbie Posted - 05/02/2011 : 22:24:23
We have 6 different groups, some on 7 day feeding, some on 10 day feeding. At different times of the year we may have some on 5 day feeding and some on 14 day feeding........... Ads does lists. At the moment we are usually feeding 6 nights a week between 20-40 per time. Don't even speak to me in hatchling season!
simonw Posted - 04/02/2011 : 20:40:33
No I don't feed them live, only fresh kill and frozen thawed. I just show them the live to see if they are interested. They definitely prefer fresh killed to frozen.
lotabob Posted - 04/02/2011 : 20:36:06
(Fresh killed?)
mikerichards Posted - 04/02/2011 : 20:32:10
Do you feed your corns live out of choice???
simonw Posted - 04/02/2011 : 16:47:33
I show all mine a live mouse and if they seem interested, I'll prep as many as I think they'll take. Any that don't get eaten get frozen for another day. I keep a google calendar for them which details the feeds, shed etc.
mikerichards Posted - 04/02/2011 : 08:39:06
I generally feed and clean on the same day, takes about 8 hours for a full on session, but its all done then. It's a mission, but I generally don't have any non feeders, and even if I do, I have plenty that'll eat more!
kdlang Posted - 03/02/2011 : 23:06:51
I feed all mine on a sunday evening usually. sometimes i forget to get the mice out the freezer so i may be a couple of days late so then i make them wait over a week until i can feed on a sunday again, otherwise i lose track. The good thing about snakes is that they dont hound you if your late feeding them
lrv2307 Posted - 03/02/2011 : 15:59:08
i tried to feed both mine on the same day, king didnt want to know little madam lol

but they are only a day apart now, so its fine,
i use stuarts spreadsheet, and have it linked to flash a message up to me when its feed day, if i dont have the spreadsheet open
so i dont forget.
Benji54 Posted - 03/02/2011 : 11:16:31
i feed all mine on saturdays normally. sometimes i make em wait a little longer. much easier i think to feed all on one day. defrost all mice/rats together and feed! that said my systems well out of sorts at the mo. wotsits shedding so i can feed biscuit in case he mistakes her for a mouse with the scent (they cohabit) and serendipity is fortnightly but with prismas illness ive had to rebuy/sterilise ALL my equiptment, bin all old food (there was a re-freexe in ther) and start from scratch! hectic times. but yeah, one day feed for the win!
Inkygirl Posted - 03/02/2011 : 09:44:52
lol.
yep we have got the corns, royals and boa all on the same day. they were fed last night, feeding and sheddings logged. and will be grand for weekend. x
Invalid User Posted - 03/02/2011 : 09:39:33
I keep writen records plus have them on the pc too.

Only downside I can think if I feed them all the same day is they will probably all poop the same day!

I woke up to 4 smelly rubs today from the corns I fed 2 days ago :(
herriotfan Posted - 03/02/2011 : 08:55:32
Although I feed mine on different days I do keep records so I know exactly what's going on with each snake! I just wouldn't want to go for 48 hours without being able to have a snake out.....
stuart619 Posted - 03/02/2011 : 07:35:19
I have two on 7 day feeds and one on 10 day feed so obviously can't feed on the same day. I have a spreadsheet which i made that tells me how many days under/over due they are for a feed and I just check that each day. It also is used for recording:

SNAKES NAME
HATCH DATE
PURCHASED DATE
DAYS BETWEEN FEEDS
DATE SHED
WHAT THE SNAKE ATE (PINKY, FUZZY ETC...)
DATE OF LAST DEEP CLEAN OF VIV
DATE AND WEIGHT OF THE SNAKE
ADDITIONAL NOTES
AND A ROUGH FEEDING GUIDE (MUNSON PLAN)

If you would like a copy of the spread sheet I did put a copy on here a while ago

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13325

Sorry if I got off topic there. I just think once a snake collection grows it can become easy to forget what day is what and also I think a record which can be printed and shown to a vet is a good idea.

Sta~ple Posted - 03/02/2011 : 06:56:09
All mine get fed on the same day, just easier. Normally they get fed Monday, that way I work in the week without disturbing them and at the weekend I can hold when I'm a bit free :D
sarahw Posted - 03/02/2011 : 01:55:04
Must take ages to feed that many each week ian, and theres me thinking it takes ages with my 6!
eeji Posted - 03/02/2011 : 00:00:53
i do all 30 on the same night, and if I've got hatchlings I usually do those on the same night too so theres potentially around 100 mouths to feed all at once in the summer months
crazy JJ Posted - 02/02/2011 : 23:47:13
all the same night for me :) soo much easier
gmac Posted - 02/02/2011 : 23:10:07
my lot usually all get fed on the same night, makes it easier
Katie.Dublin Posted - 02/02/2011 : 22:39:38
Sunday nights for mine! I only have three snakes though! I forgot to get mice last week though so they only got fed tonight! I'll prolly just leave them until sunday week now, its just easier than a mid week feed!
sarahw Posted - 02/02/2011 : 21:42:42
I feed mine on a fri so they are fine again for my kids to handle on a sunday(they are away with their dad at the weekends)
It makes it so much easier, the down side is no snakes to hold for 2 days but we have plently other animals that can be held! Lol
One of my snakes used to be fed on a mon when I got him and as I didnt want to leave him for almost 2 weeks without feeding I fed him the mon a week after getting him then the following week on a tues and so on until he got round to being fed on the fri the same as the others

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000