The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 01/02/2011 : 17:03:04
I've had my snake for three weeks now and everything is perfect regarding temp and the viv itself. He has also shed his skin in one go. i have fed him three pinkies 7 days apart, the first to times you could clearly see the pinky in his belly for the 2 days but i fed him yesterday and today there is no bulge and i was wondering if this is ok or does he need feeding every 6 days.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
herriotfan Posted - 01/02/2011 : 18:15:05
It would probably be better to start him on fluffs/fuzzies (depending on what your suppliers call the next size up) rather than feeding more often. Also there isn't as much nutritional value in pinkies as the larger sizes of mouse. You could carry on giving him two pinkies at each meal, every 6 days, until you've used the supply up, then get him on the next size up.
Paul Hume Posted - 01/02/2011 : 18:12:25
If there is a bulge when you feed him then you are feeding him correctly, if there is not really a bulge then I would think about moving him up to 2 pinkies.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000