The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 humidity

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 31/01/2011 : 14:52:03
hey guys and gals, a close friend has just got a corn (he spent over a grand on just the setup) and he was asking me about humidity and he was really concerned by this and as i dont really know much about this, i sed to him that he doesnt really need to keep the viv humid (in a reptile sence of humid that is) but i sed to him that if hes really concerned about it, to keep the viv just above his tropical fish tank as its set into a cabinet, did i say and advise on the right thing or should i have advised differently
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 31/01/2011 : 15:33:42
most of the expenses came from the fact that he bought (and i dont know why) all top of the range equipment e.g. heat mat, basking lamp, 2 different night lights, thermostat, t5 or t8 flourescent lighting kit (i aint sure which), he had a surge protector made especailly for the viv and a few other things.
hiper2009 Posted - 31/01/2011 : 15:23:51
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

£300 for viv and cabinet.....so he spent £700 on decorations for the viv???? I think somone is telling porkies lol

Agree ^^
Invalid User Posted - 31/01/2011 : 15:20:17
£300 for viv and cabinet.....so he spent £700 on decorations for the viv???? I think somone is telling porkies lol

For future refrence you can get the viv and cabinet much cheaper here:

http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/vivexotic.html
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 31/01/2011 : 15:03:35
he spent over a grand as the viv and cabinet alone cost over 300 quid, he bought a mamouth - the vivexotice ax48 (4ft) with matching cabinet - beech effect, you can find it on:
http://www.vivexotic.co.uk/products_ax&cax.html
and he set it up lick the pictures but with more stuff plants and other equipment aswel
SexyBear77 Posted - 31/01/2011 : 14:55:00
Holy moly, a grand on a corn???

Anyway, humidity is not of any importance to a corn- room humidity is fine. If the humidity is too high then problems can occur though. This is normally noticeable as condensation on the glass or plastic of the enclosure. Easily sortable with adequate ventilation.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000