The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Shedding question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ozziesmum Posted - 30/01/2011 : 11:43:28
Hi

last sunday Rhubarb refused his dinner and I started to notice a slight colour change on Tuesday his eyes started to cloud over and by Friday he turned blue and is hiding himself away. How long does this stage last before he actually sheds and also I put a moss bath in for him which he totally ignored so I took it out again as the humidity seemed to be getting a bit on the high side at 85% it has now dropped back to 75% so firstly what is the correct level and secondly should I put it back in with him for a few days.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Paul Hume Posted - 30/01/2011 : 22:17:45
Sorry to hijack this thread a little, but I was wondering how often Adult corns shed? All three of my snakes are babies and shed once a month like clock work. I have now taken on a 14 year old corn and wonder how often I should expect it to shed?
razza Posted - 30/01/2011 : 20:53:14
justin is like clock work when it comes to shedding, he sheds 3 days after his eyes have cleared. never thought of moving water bowl though cheers lee
lee2308 Posted - 30/01/2011 : 19:00:20
Once the eyes have clear they should shed with in a week,all i ever do for raising the humidity is to move the water bowl to the warm end after the eyes have cleared.
ozziesmum Posted - 30/01/2011 : 11:49:45
many thanks I'm just scanning through them now, just being a worried first time mum I think.
lrv2307 Posted - 30/01/2011 : 11:47:12
hi jane, there are some good stickies on the forum about shedding, have a nose at them, they should put your mind at rest

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000