The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 heating

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hclue96 Posted - 28/01/2011 : 17:55:16
just wandering if i can have a light and a heat mat or one or the other?? x
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 28/01/2011 : 19:21:24
With white light thats very true, Spot won't! I have his light on a timer to follow sunrise/sunset, as he doesn't ever come out in the light of day. You will see him just peering out waiting to make his move about 10 minutes before the light goes off, he's a clever little snake, either that or he has a clock in his hide.
Invalid User Posted - 28/01/2011 : 19:13:42
Some corns wont come out when the lights on though.
hclue96 Posted - 28/01/2011 : 19:02:12
okayy thanks :) x
lotabob Posted - 28/01/2011 : 19:01:04
It wont be if you have both heat sources statted, or use an energy saving bulb, they give off very little heat (must be guarded still though, just incase they squeeze it climbing and it breaks).
hclue96 Posted - 28/01/2011 : 18:37:34
well sallys hapyy and healthy but its a bit dark in there and i was just wandering if i have bothe will it be too hot for her??x
Invalid User Posted - 28/01/2011 : 18:35:03
I use heat mats only and all my corns are happy and healthy :)
lotabob Posted - 28/01/2011 : 18:30:17
They will need a 24 hour heat source especially at this time of year so the simplest and cheapest is to go for a heat mat and stat. I actually have both, a bulb that heats up to day time temperature and raises the ambient and a small heat mat under one hide that holds a constant night time temperature. I am not a fan of just heat mats buts its personal choice.

If you go down the route of bulb only you would need an Infra red bulb that can be left on 24/7, its IR so that the snake is not disturbed at night as they are not a massive fan of white light.
gmac Posted - 28/01/2011 : 18:30:03
either one or the other you don't need both. so go for either a mat or a light
hclue96 Posted - 28/01/2011 : 18:15:25
k thanks :)
Paul Hume Posted - 28/01/2011 : 18:14:40
I am not sure about Corns but I know I do in my Royal, they are both on during the day and then just the matt at night. I'm sure one of the experienced owners will be along soon. All my corns are just on heat mats.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000