The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 local snake keepers and clubs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 26/01/2011 : 14:53:22
hi everyone, i havent long moved down to new addington in croydon, surrey and i was wondering if any other members lived in the area as i would like to make more friends down here that love snakes as much as i do.

also does anyone know of any clubs around here to do with keeping snakes as ive heard about them but cant seem to find one.

thanks all
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 27/01/2011 : 21:52:38
lol, ok, no im thinking that if the surrey meets successful, then maybe it will pave the way for more clubs to pop up in other parts of the country by leading by example
Newbie Posted - 27/01/2011 : 21:43:36
quote:
Originally posted by ilovemypets1988

where are you from newbie

Rainy Cumbria lol
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 27/01/2011 : 21:08:24
where are you from newbie
Newbie Posted - 27/01/2011 : 20:44:06
Hear hear, I'm addicted to snakes now! I wish there were more reptile shows and clubs about, there's loads for dogs and horses and bird fanciers! Should at least have an annual TCS meeting lol
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 27/01/2011 : 18:29:09
yh thats true, we r the lucky ones who have them grace us with there presence and wounderful fealing when it comes to them being handled
herriotfan Posted - 27/01/2011 : 18:21:13
If anyone freaks because I have snakes I just tell them how lovely they are and maybe they should do a bit more 'homework' before spouting nonsense about them eating me, strangling me or killing me with their venom!!!
I also point out that I can have the best free massage when ever I like, better than anything a beauty therapist can give.....
I find that keeping any sort of reptile tends to bother a lot of people. Shame because they really are so awesome. Still it's their loss, we are the lucky ones who know the essence of snakes.
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 27/01/2011 : 17:42:47
ok yh the fact that there are people out there that done like and are scared of snakes, but just because we keep them as pets, should we be shunned by it, i know that the fact of how people think about snakes makes keeping them more personal but still, in my opinion we should and the snakes should be accepted by other people and not have noses stuck up to us
Benji54 Posted - 27/01/2011 : 13:43:21
im in kent but would be up for travelling to hang out with like minded people as i dont know ANYONE who has a snake lol! bad times.
Newbie Posted - 27/01/2011 : 11:41:50
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz_1989

Newbie, where up north are you?

Gaz

I live in the lovely area of Cumbria lol codeword for rainig all the time!
Em0777 Posted - 27/01/2011 : 09:10:07
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz_1989

Ilovmypets1988 - if everyone loved and had snakes then in my opinion half of the fun would be gone. One of the best aspects of snake keeping is that lots of people are scared of them and i find it quite funny.

Gaz

I agree with that totally LOL! I used to be one of those scared people myself, so thats one down
Gaz_1989 Posted - 27/01/2011 : 08:41:10

Ilovmypets1988 - if everyone loved and had snakes then in my opinion half of the fun would be gone. One of the best aspects of snake keeping is that lots of people are scared of them and i find it quite funny.

Gaz
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 26/01/2011 : 21:00:57
yh true, i will do it now, thanks
oakleyman18 Posted - 26/01/2011 : 20:34:21
Yeah, maybe start a new thread asking people from Surrey to sign up?
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 26/01/2011 : 19:56:31
well tell you what oakley, if you can help me do like alittle partition for members of the forum to sign, we maybe able to organize something between us, if u would like
oakleyman18 Posted - 26/01/2011 : 19:50:15
Epsom, Surrey A surrey snakes club would be awesome!
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 26/01/2011 : 19:40:44
yh your right there it is sad, but its also very funny how people change there minds once they have held a snake
Newbie Posted - 26/01/2011 : 19:26:48
I know what you mean, I got endless amounts of horror struck expressions when I got Vin, and I've had a bucketload more since I decided to get a python in the upcoming summer, its a shame that people can often be so harsh, I've had people ask if "it" has a name and why I've bothered giving "it" a name because "its not a proper pet"! It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad really x
ilovemypets1988 Posted - 26/01/2011 : 19:09:28
im sorry to here that newbie, maybe 1 day, the planet will readily accept the fact that these animals are as majestic as cats and dogs or may even be more majestic,, i wish that there was a way upon which we as a group could do something to help every1 understand that these snakes (regardless of which type) are living works of art with there colours and markings and accept that they are no more harmful than a typical dog, infact theres more injuries caused by the "typical pet" meaning cats and dogs than there is with snakes
Newbie Posted - 26/01/2011 : 19:06:20
I'm all out on a limb up north hardly any snake lovers up here! Or so it seems anyway, anyone I tell about Vin goes "Urrrkk!" which is a bit hurtful! Maybe other snakey owners here have learned to keep quiet so they don't have to justify having a beautiful snake! x
lrv2307 Posted - 26/01/2011 : 18:20:01
quote:
Originally posted by tehbunneh

When I'm not in Worcester, I'm in Surrey too ^^ You guys should start a little monthly get-together group X3

im out uxbridge way, but can meet anywhere

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000