The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 lost baby corn

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kezbut Posted - 25/01/2011 : 10:19:25
Hi, this is my first time on. My youngest son and hubby have managed to lose 5month old baby corn called orlando. It has been missing since last thurs they think . They only dared tell me yesterday morning. I am absolutely terrified and they are gutted. They have had everything out up including floorboards set pinky trap with heat mat etc. It is possible it will have got under lving room door. I am scared out of my mind and after reading these stories on here making myself worse. Obviously I am not a snake lover but they are, any suggestions and do you think it will be able to survive for very long. It is not very fat but quite long.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
herriotfan Posted - 28/04/2011 : 11:57:36
Great news about Orlando!
animalcrazy Posted - 28/04/2011 : 07:22:54
Wow just read this, so glad the little one is safe now - really feel for you. It's great although your not a snake fan you are letting your son have one as a pet :) I
Tic_Tac Posted - 28/04/2011 : 02:51:04
I'm so happy you found him for boths the snakes and your health!!

What type of enclosure did he escape from?

Catherine x
kdlang Posted - 28/04/2011 : 00:20:02
Wow that is fantastic news. What a relief for you and your family. How long did it take for your daughter to return home? He must have been able to find a food source while he was free. Where did you manage to find him?
ravensgirl Posted - 27/04/2011 : 23:58:44
so glad you found him!
Spreebok Posted - 27/04/2011 : 23:52:53
Oh, I'm so glad you found little Orlando! :)

In regards to safeproofing, what are you keeping him in currently?
kezbut Posted - 27/04/2011 : 23:04:24
Hi, just to let you all know Orlando has turned up safe n well and a lot bigger than when he went on the run! I am really glad as now I can have a good nights sleep at last and my little boy is absolutely over the moon. I have to say though I am now lokin for an escapeproof house so any ideas will be more than welcome. Kerry
n/a Posted - 25/01/2011 : 18:28:00
6 weeks ago my other half wouldn't even go in the same room as my two, now he goes and sees them in the morning before he goes to work and first thing he does when he gets in is go say hello. Also he's just bought them a new VivExotic EX48 Vivarium as a present .

Hopefully Orlando will turn up and you'll become as fond of him as they are
kezbut Posted - 25/01/2011 : 11:23:20
Ha, I`m not sure yet how I havent ! I dont go near it or look at it or anything so I asked my hubby why he even told me .I would just thought it was under its stuff. He was scared I came across it whilst cleaning and had a heart attack whilst he was at work. Said he dint no what to do for the best but after four days thought they`d better tell me. Our 16yr old daughter went and stayed at nannies not sure when she`s planning on coming back. Think if it were bigger there might be bit more chance of me spotting it. Although am not sure what I`d do, probably jump on worktop and scream until someone came. I`ll let you know if it turns up.
Gaz_1989 Posted - 25/01/2011 : 10:56:59
Hey, look at the other side of the coin. Its only a 5 month corn snake hatchie.

It could be my almost 5' king that is roaming around the house :-)

My missus would have a heart attack.

Gaz
Invalid User Posted - 25/01/2011 : 10:56:40
Aww, please try not to worry (easier said than done I know) Orlando will be more scared of you than you are of him and he will most likely only come out when your not there and even then will stick to the edges of the room or stay under things which is why it can be so hard to catch them again!

It must be very hard for you if you are not a snake lover but unfortunatly you may have to get used to the idea as they can be missing for a very long time :(
kezbut Posted - 25/01/2011 : 10:53:36
Hi, yes thanks I think I have checked out every website available. And yes it is more stressfull for me than anyone else in house. I am creating moving things in my mind ,seeing things moving out corner my eye dare`nt put my feet on the floor etc .Its not a very nice place to be. Didnt realise they could escape like that otherwise it would never have got in the house in the first place. Still dont know how its managed to get out.They think it must have managed to push at top of tank until its moved it and got out but its what we were recomended to buy from the petshop we bought it from. Think am gonna need dose valium before much longer didn`t get wink sleep last night and cant see myself shutting two eyes again until I know where it is!
Invalid User Posted - 25/01/2011 : 10:53:33
Can't offer anymore advice than above but good luck and fingers crossed he turns up safe and well.
Mort13 Posted - 25/01/2011 : 10:33:26
Hi,I'm sorry to hear about the escapee.
I apologise if you've already checked here,but theres some fab tips on this sticky: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12170
From the stories I've heard you'd be amazed how long they can survive and then turn up no worse for wear. Good luck to your son and hubby and especially to you as I can imagine how stressful this must be for you if you're not so keen on snakes. Hope he turns up soon.
Gaz_1989 Posted - 25/01/2011 : 10:32:58
From what I have gathered on here, looking for them doesn't help. They either turn up unexpected or they don't.

Set the pinkie traps and wait. Personal I think the best think to do after losing a snake is spend your time working out how it happened and how you are going to make sure it never happens again. It only requires a little common sense to keep a snake in it's enclosure.

I'm sure others will be along telling you where to look etc but it sounds like you have already had a good look.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000