The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Advice on best size and wattage heat mat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 23/01/2011 : 13:17:59
Going to be setting up new Vivarium for my 2 adult corns have bought Vivarium 1220x610x525mm. So would appreciate advice/opinions on the BEST (not worried about cheapest) heat mat + thermostat to buy.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 29/01/2011 : 23:03:57
All my bits have finally arrived - so will spend tomorrow setting up there new home. So hopefully by next weekend at latest they will be organising the Viv warming party
eeji Posted - 23/01/2011 : 22:08:11
the wattage is usually determined by the size of the mat, so choose one that covers roughly one third of the floor space and you'll be good to go. I can highly recommend microclimate pulse stats :)
n/a Posted - 23/01/2011 : 19:10:22
Cheers for the responses so far. Want to make their new viv one they can spend the next 10 yrs in. They are both nearly 5 ft in length so want to make sure they have enough space BUT with as much security as they need to feel safe and happy.
Gaz_1989 Posted - 23/01/2011 : 18:54:07
I can highly recommend the habistat pulse stat.

Very very accurate.
lotabob Posted - 23/01/2011 : 14:15:31
Go for size rather than wattage, I've a 12 watt mat that will get as hot if not hotter than my 20 watt mat. I bought the 20 watt as it covered half of the 2 foot viv I have but my corn snake didnt like it so I switched it for a smaller 12 watt that only covers a small square where the hot end hide is. The heat mat isn't my primary heat source though. As a guide aim to cover between a third to half of your vivarium. As for the thermostat, I have a habistat mat-stat and it is cheap & cheerful, does exactly what it should, its a basic on/off stat but if you want something a bit more flashy go for a dimming or pulse stat but pay attention to minimum wattage loads as my dimming stat has a 40 watt minimum.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000