The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Can't Pick Her Up..

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Em0777 Posted - 21/01/2011 : 20:09:11
Eveytime I attempt to pick Mrs Brown up, she scarpers! Shes really fast too, had no idea they moved that quick!
I want her to keep being handled so she stays tame, but I can never get her :( think I made her home too good, lots of hiding places lol. Any tips? I don't want to scare her...
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Em0777 Posted - 25/01/2011 : 20:26:04
About to try again, not so nervous now if My Mum can hold my brother's King Snake, I can handle MB lol
geckolass Posted - 25/01/2011 : 17:05:57
I have had so many problems with handling my snake even thought about selling him due to not bein able to cope then got some great advice on here i move stuff out so less for him to wrap around started just going for it with gloves on hes calmed down and i have loads now....just keep going for it and both yours and theres confident grows.
lrv2307 Posted - 25/01/2011 : 10:36:49
sounds good to me em
Em0777 Posted - 25/01/2011 : 10:35:42
I'm hoping to get her out again tonight. She fed Sunday night, so it should be OK to handle tonight shouldn't it??
We're on a roll, so don't want to get slack lol
Mort13 Posted - 25/01/2011 : 09:55:39
Well done,glad you got to grips with Mrs Brown. You must be feeling a lot happier now Hope the hold and the pinkie went well.
As Gaz_1989 says,they are all different too. I've had Loki 2 and a half months longer than Falcor yet he still dashes off and takes his time calming down. Falcor comes out onto my hand as I open the doors and is really chilled out.
Gaz_1989 Posted - 25/01/2011 : 08:34:29
Nice one.

Pernod is 7 months old and gets handled at least 4 times a week. He still goes mental when I first go into his faun, trying to get away.

Sabai is same age and virtually crawls onto my hand. So just shows how they differ.

Gaz
Benji54 Posted - 24/01/2011 : 16:30:31
cool stuff! glad you got a hold of her! DO hold her over a box tho. they lull you into a false sense of security and then ZOOM! they're gone!
Ayersy Posted - 24/01/2011 : 13:29:34
Egon still tries to make a break for it every time I go to pick him up, but once he's in my hands, he's fine. He keeps trying to climb up my arms though, and once he gets onto my shirts (I work in an office, so normally when I handle him I still have a long sleeved shirt on) he has problems gripping, and falls off!

I let him crawl around on the bed most of the time as well, which he seems to like, even if he does poop all over it!
lrv2307 Posted - 23/01/2011 : 17:25:37
aawww well done hun, and well done mrs brown too!
herriotfan Posted - 23/01/2011 : 14:36:14
quote:
Originally posted by Em0777

I did it! I took afew things out and just went for it. She was fine too, just had a little explore. I let her go back into her home on her own accord. I'll do the same tomorrow as its pinkie day :)

Well done you! It will be easier next time and as your confidence grows you and your snake will enjoy time together.
lotabob Posted - 22/01/2011 : 23:23:58
Brilliant, see next time will be easy, you'll be calmer and becasue you are calmer the snake will be calmer too.
Em0777 Posted - 22/01/2011 : 23:22:00
I did it! I took afew things out and just went for it. She was fine too, just had a little explore. I let her go back into her home on her own accord. I'll do the same tomorrow as its pinkie day :)
herriotfan Posted - 22/01/2011 : 12:54:36
This might sound harsh but you just have to go for it and grab her! Once she knows you're no threat and you're going to get her anyway she'll start to slowly settle down. I've never known a slow hatchie!! Confidence is the key and that will soon come once you've caught her the first few times.
Invalid User Posted - 22/01/2011 : 11:56:22
Nimbus still tries to leg it everytime he see's me open his faun but I just gently grab him!

I must admit I was quite nervous picking Marv up out of his rub for the first time as he wa looking quite grumpy and I really thought I was going to get tagged, but nope, I just put my hand in, got hold of him (gently but firmly) and he was great, not panic, no striking or aggression either.
lrv2307 Posted - 22/01/2011 : 11:38:16
my corn does it still at times.......and shes coming on 6 months old, ive had her since november
far as i can tell, with reasurance from the mods when i asked the same question, its hatchy natural lol
so lovin that name lol
MickyB Posted - 22/01/2011 : 10:48:50
its doing the right thing hatchlings run purely on instinct at the moment your a predator you just have to get it used to you and your scent try the sock
razza Posted - 21/01/2011 : 20:57:45
mine was the same when i got him, but i persevered on now he come's out no problem. just perservere and you will be fine.
lotabob Posted - 21/01/2011 : 20:27:29
You will probably need to move some things out of the way to be able to get a hold of her, they are soo quick but working out how to get hold of them is half the fun. It was said on here before about handling over a box so should she decide to jump from your hands she doesn't have far to go or anyway to escape to.
stotty01 Posted - 21/01/2011 : 20:26:36
no problem :) i think 9/10 hatchies are like that so she is doing the right thing :) yeah if it means that but try and make as less stressful as possible :)
Em0777 Posted - 21/01/2011 : 20:19:43
Oh lovely :) thanks, I was starting to worry that she was getting feral. Should I take out the plants etc to get to her?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000