The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Worried about my corn. :\

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 20/01/2011 : 19:41:33
Okay, so there are a few other little questions I need to ask in here as well... :P

One being that I recently bought my snake an XL Exo Terra water bowl, but there is a stain from where the water has been? We don't live in an area where the tap water is really hard, or contains a stronger amount of anything than any where else. Plus we have a limescale filter (does get it all out, but most) before the water comes out our tap. The water had been in there for 2 days, and it had stained. :\ Just wondering if this means there is a problem wit the bowl or what...

Also, when I went to go and get her new water bowl, I got her a new piece of bark and hide for her tank as her previous hide that she came with was hatchling size. (She is around 5 ft now). She likes it and can all of herself in now, but I have hardly seen her move from it since the first day we put all that stuff in. We put it in on Sunday 16th.

I am really worried if something is wrong, as I haven't even seen her come out to drink. The only activity I have seen is the occasional head poking out. Any ideas on what is wrong and what I should do? :\

Thanks,

Skye
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
razza Posted - 21/01/2011 : 10:54:16
i had i similar problem with my exoterra water bowl, it would slime up all the time but i changed it to a ceramic bowl and it works a treat.
geckolass Posted - 20/01/2011 : 22:13:50
I think just about everyones bowl do the same thing. it is exceptable as it is standing water think of your bird baths it happens in them it happens in puddles because the water is not flowing dont worry about it was it out and keep it clean.
lotabob Posted - 20/01/2011 : 20:26:33
Yeah mine gets that slimeyness on the bottom too. My royal has a little plastic bowl and it doesn't have any such problems.
lucyloop Posted - 20/01/2011 : 20:24:41
my exoterra had that "tide mark" too, my new watr bowl doesn't so I guess its just that brand.
Newbie Posted - 20/01/2011 : 20:09:57
My exoterra dish gets a bit slimey if that helps! I just wash it out and give it a scrub x
Sta~ple Posted - 20/01/2011 : 20:07:39
There was a thread about water bowels a few months ago, there were people saying that the exo-terra's stained and miscoloured easily, hope that puts your mind at ease!
herriotfan Posted - 20/01/2011 : 20:00:26
She's probably just a bit stressed from being somewhere new. Could also be that she's just one of those snakes that hides most of the time. Water bowl is a bit of a mystery!
lotabob Posted - 20/01/2011 : 19:58:26
Sounds like she just really likes her new hide. I get that residue in my exo terra bowl too, its harmless just scrub it out a few times a week to keep it looking pretty and I would also change your water every day, keep it fresh and cold.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000