The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 It was all going so well...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NatashaK Posted - 17/01/2011 : 09:35:00
Hi everyone

I've had Alice since November and he's been doing fine :) Eating shedding and pooping all ok. I feed him once a week and he's been on 2 pinkies for 5 weeks now, he's been eating those no problem!

Last week he didnt take his 2nd pinkie, i didnt worry too much though.

He was due for his feed on saturday so when i tried to feed him he just wasnt interested at all! I feed him outside his faun so i dropped the mouse in and he totally ignored it!!! I think he's due for a shed but thats never stopped him in the past.

Is there anything im doing wrong??

Tash :)
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
NatashaK Posted - 26/01/2011 : 08:54:49
lol thank you :)
I hope it doesnt last long... i'll update you all next week... ill either be super happy or super worried :(
lotabob Posted - 25/01/2011 : 23:31:28
Don't get upset, it will happen to almost everyone at one point or another, and it can be for no apparent reason at all. (my new Royal hasn't eaten yet but he's still fine, he'll eat when he is ready). Your doing the right thing by not bombarding him with mice, just stick to once a week, do exactly what you were doing when he was eating you know that he eats that way, so its his choice to eat or not and not that you've done anything wrong. Keep calm though, leave him to it and cross your fingers from a distance.

If he is a he, then its breeding season coming up, he may just have the ladies on his mind, even if he is still a baby, he's just practicing.
NatashaK Posted - 25/01/2011 : 23:27:35
Also, would there be a particular reason why he's become so active recently?!
NatashaK Posted - 25/01/2011 : 23:26:17
So far I've tried really warming the mouse - that didn't work! Braining -that didn't work! I've left it under his hide now for the night -so far he hasn't gone near it! It's almost like he doesn't know what it is, like he's scared!
I doubt he'll eat the one under his hide tonight so I guess I'll wait till next week (that'll be week 4without food)
It's really upsetting :(
MickyB Posted - 25/01/2011 : 22:27:02
try putting it in a hide and check on it every hour
lotabob Posted - 25/01/2011 : 21:20:43
Nothing at all. They can go months without food and its the time of year they are most likely to go off food so don't panic. What do you do when you feed? (I found that Spot's shows more interest and grabs the mousey quicker when the lights are dimmed so its probably something really simple to fix).
NatashaK Posted - 25/01/2011 : 20:38:21
Help :( he's still not eating!!! He's here with me now, he shed last week and he's just not interested in his food!! He is also weirdly active today (he has been fr the last few days actually). So yea I have no idea what to do now... Is there something wrong with him?
Tash
NatashaK Posted - 18/01/2011 : 09:00:43
Ahh sorry Gaz! Thank you very much! I think it might be time for some small fuzzies then, i'll wait until he sheds and let you know how it goes :)

Thank you!!
Gaz_1989 Posted - 17/01/2011 : 22:45:49
There is no big right or wrong, try a small fuzzy if you think he will manage it. See how you go. Its all trial and error. I remember being a newbie well and first corn snake is a massive learning curve.

Gaz
Gaz_1989 Posted - 17/01/2011 : 22:43:21
You may of skimmed over my post above, but all of my corns have refused multiple prey items at some point.

Ive got 2 hatchies similar age, Pernod stopped taking his 2nd pinke, whereas Sabai would eat both his and the one that Pernod left, lol.

So Pernod is now on fuzzys and I've kept sabai on multiple pinkies.

NatashaK Posted - 17/01/2011 : 22:24:28
Thanks everyone :) gosh I love this forum!!! So what explains why Alice never took his 2nd pinkie last week? Could it be that he was not that hungry??

Tash x
lotabob Posted - 17/01/2011 : 18:41:05
Spot always refuses food from going into blue right upto shedding, I have fed him a day after shedding and he near pulled my arm off to get to the mouse. Just leave him to do his thing, and you'll get your snake back in a day or two. Oh and shedding is almost always a sign that things are going well and he is growing so your doing everything right.
herriotfan Posted - 17/01/2011 : 11:12:23
I wouldn't worry too much. Just wait until he's shed and then try again.
Gaz_1989 Posted - 17/01/2011 : 10:51:29
Wait till he's shed and feed the day after. I'm fairly sure he will take it.

Also all of my corns have stopped taking multiple prey items at some point, at which point I up them to single of the next size.

Gaz
NatashaK Posted - 17/01/2011 : 10:12:15
yea he's defo due for a shed, he was in blue on Friday... its never put him off his food before but maybe that's the case now. I'll wait for him to shed and then try again! Fingers crossed!!
Covps2blue Posted - 17/01/2011 : 10:00:14
I wouldnt worry natasha, at least you dont have a corn who regurges a lot, like I do!! mine has regurged several times Although the last time was when she was in shed, so it was in relation to that.
a33272 Posted - 17/01/2011 : 09:50:26
if u think hes dues a shed then that maybe it some corns will go off food, does it look like hes going to shed?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000