The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 LED lighting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tiswas Posted - 15/01/2011 : 11:15:10
Howdy everyone, I'm wanting to get the little man some lighting in his viv so we can see him better. Been looking into and the LED strips seem to be the way to go. My question is, which colour is best? The place I've found do white, red, green, amber, and blue. I don't want to stress him out too much as he's still quite shy and i'm a bit worried that too much light will cause him to hide even more. So what does everyone think?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lucyloop Posted - 15/01/2011 : 20:40:48
I got a Lucky Reptile moon light, its lovely, it has 3 led little spots which light up the viv just enough to see the snake. Also you can buy more little light bits if you want - up to 6 will fit the one I got.
Kehhlyr Posted - 15/01/2011 : 18:49:22
White LEDs all day for me.
gregDT Posted - 15/01/2011 : 17:18:54
Jungle green for day and moonlight blue for night. Just my personal preferences.
herriotfan Posted - 15/01/2011 : 12:15:26
Go with something that will compliment his colour!! I also read somewhere that white lights can stress a snake and the coloured ones are best.
Sta~ple Posted - 15/01/2011 : 11:47:56
I've had red, blue and green lighting in my viv's before, not LED but heat bulb, and they were fine :D white light tended to make them a bit more shy if that's any help.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000