The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 How easy is it to spot when a Anery goes blue?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rick1894 Posted - 13/01/2011 : 17:33:33

Diego ( still not getting used to that name, hopefully my lad changes his mind ;)
back onto question, he has been hiding for last couple of days even when changing his water etc and would be due a shed anytime soon but just wondering how easy to tell there about to shed?

He still looks shiny and bright to me and eyes dont look cloudy.

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lotabob Posted - 14/01/2011 : 21:58:34
If he has been hiding for a few days then you've about another 2-3 days to wait before the belly goes milky and over a week for his eyes to go blue. It takes ages. Spot hides days before he shows any signs.
rick1894 Posted - 14/01/2011 : 21:49:40
Cheers everyone, especially lotabob for pics as im now convinced he isn't shedding yet lol.

Did manage to get him out for abit tonight and wanted to see if i could tell sex by looking at tail but still none the wiser :(
lotabob Posted - 14/01/2011 : 19:48:46
I notice Spot's belly goes very milky, all the black bits fade to grey. Body wise not a great deal of change, just not as shiny and vivid, the main difference is when his eyes go.

Starting to go blue

Very blue

Very Very Blue and slightly unhappy with the intrusion
jonoandapril Posted - 14/01/2011 : 19:02:37
snakey might go off his feed to. jus so u know not to worry :)
jono
stotty01 Posted - 14/01/2011 : 17:39:00
there bellys go milky and there eyes go very blue....then they clear up....then they shed :)
Sta~ple Posted - 13/01/2011 : 20:40:02
Very easy :) well normally lol. There bellies look very milky, there eyes go a proper blue colour and they end up looking even muckier than they normally do XD

He might still be a bit shy.
rick1894 Posted - 13/01/2011 : 19:22:54
Cheer's everyone, im gutted as only held him once this week as fed him on sunday and he's been avoiding me since :(
herriotfan Posted - 13/01/2011 : 18:29:14
I also meant to say don't be worried if he looks like he's shed because his eyes go back to normal and his colour looks less dull but you can't find the shed. The eyes do clear and they look almost normal for a day or two after that, then they shed leaving you with a bright, fresh looking snake!
Invalid User Posted - 13/01/2011 : 18:16:36
I found it quite easy to tell with Nimbus and he is my first snake but I think it helps that his colours are normaly very bright. The main thing was he just looked so dull, almost a bit grubby looking. Then a few days later his eyes went very cloudy so I knew then for sure. He also decided to hide away a bit more than normal.
Red123 Posted - 13/01/2011 : 18:11:41
As herriotfan said you will soon learn the signs once you have seen it happen a couple of times. I will say that if your corn is only a few months old you may miss the signs. Keith my 5 month old anery was crafty once. He ate on the friday, had no signs of going blue, so i left him alone for 3 days just changed his water for him. On the fourth day I went to get him out only to find he was just finishing shedding. It would seem the process can be very quick when young.
herriotfan Posted - 13/01/2011 : 17:45:51
Personally I find it very easy to see when mine are ging blue. They get a dull, matt look and their eyes look rather milky. Once you've seen him blue a couple of times you'll know the signs and it becomes very easy to tell.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000