The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Feeing question.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 12/01/2011 : 19:56:20
On looking at the mice i have for feeding they don't lookup to 1.5 the size of my snakes (largest part) and they don't seem to have any trouble or very noticable bump once eaten.

I've read much on here about feeding double (+ from looking at various suppliers am very confused re the mouse sizes they offer) but would appreciate others thoughts etc before going down this route.

Any advice
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 14/01/2011 : 09:49:24
Cheers for that, they are both adults and from discussion with previous owner the place that suppied his frozen mice only ever had what i would term as very small ones. Going to try and see if they will double feed this weekend and then if they do will speak to a supplier and discuss mice size before i purchase from them.
mikerichards Posted - 14/01/2011 : 08:52:01
when it comes to feeding, its very much down to what you think is enough, or too much. A corn will eat pretty much everything you put infront of it, be that half a dozen pinkies, or large mice, so you have to decide whether 1 pinky is enough, or another one is needed.
the easiest way to see is to offer another one and see if its taken. It maybe that your snake does not want to have any more than one in a feed.
n/a Posted - 14/01/2011 : 07:32:15
I should have kept me gob shut, last 36hrs they have been curled up together doing very little - apart from staring at me everytime i go near them. I'm sure they know i'm talking about them lol
n/a Posted - 12/01/2011 : 22:24:18
The pair of them are almost always active, both females.
baitman Posted - 12/01/2011 : 22:06:46
After you have fed him does he still look active and move around a fair bit, if so he is still hunting so yeah, offer another feed the same size.....

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000