The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Viv deals

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
weasle1uk Posted - 12/01/2011 : 14:39:21
I have started looking at vivs for Gizmo. He is not due a larger one yet but I am looking into it now to get an idea of price, etc and as soon as he does go into a larger one I intend on getting a second corn as there is no point having a empty faun (well thats my excuse lol)

So i was just wondering what you all thought of a package deal I have seen. It has:

-Viv Exotics LX36 Vivarium
-Habistat 11x11inch heatmat
-Microclimate MiniStat100 Thermostat
-Exo Terra Medium Water Bowl
-Pro Rep Aspen Bedding 10 litre
-2 Medium Exo Terra Reptile Cave Hides
-Exo Terra Digital Thermometer
-Exo Terra Small Ampallo Jungle Plant
-Lucky Reptile Grapevine Branch

All for £122.99 with free delivery..
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sullysteve Posted - 15/01/2011 : 05:51:22
You can't beat surreys pet supplies on price! It's awsome!
weasle1uk Posted - 15/01/2011 : 05:11:19
I had a look at SurreyPets it is only £6.99 delivery and £45 for the viv, dont think im going to build one for that price i may aswell buy one,

Whats the min length Gizmo needs to be before he moves into the Lx36 viv?

Thanks for the help
tehbunneh Posted - 13/01/2011 : 20:04:48
I don't think there is postage on SurreyPet if you get over a certain amount? I may be getting that confused, but I don' think I did? They are REALLY good too!
Covps2blue Posted - 13/01/2011 : 19:37:50
Yer I can post some on Sunday When I am back at home (working in London). There are some excellent guides on here, my favourite is this one: http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=709

Also if you lack tools, just pay about £5 and get B&Q to cut all the wood to your required size! Once wood is done, just a basic screw diver and a bit of elbow grease will be just required then - I didn't bother using a drill to pre drill any holes :) Just marked where the screw had to go, took a hammer, and one screw, punched a 'dint' into the wood, and then screwed the screw in!!

I will post the exact dimensions of mine as well so you can get a rough idea of size when looking at the photos.
weasle1uk Posted - 13/01/2011 : 15:46:09
Unfortunately Surrey is abit to far away from me as I am in Thorne near Doncaster but thanks anyway.

Covps2blue: You got any pictures of yours?
I am toying with the idea of making my own now just need to decide on the size lol
Invalid User Posted - 13/01/2011 : 13:26:21
I just checked out the price of all of that lot at http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/ which is where I am getting my vivarium from and it all comes in at £99 without delivery charges. If you live near them (not sure where you are) you can collect for free but tbh the price you have seen including delivery is just as good so I would say yes, that's a good deal :o)
Covps2blue Posted - 13/01/2011 : 13:09:39
Just build your own, I built mine for under £70 and its a double stack (two vivs)

For your situation:

Combieboard from B&Q @ £25
Edging tape from B&Q @ 4.50
Glass @ £10 including rounded edges
Glass Sliders @ £4.50
Screws @ £4.50
Plastic Screw Caps @ £2.50
Door handles @ £2.50

Total Cost : £53.50

Here's a good guide: http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/habitat/59826-my-diy-vivarium-build.html

Hope this is some help, It will save you a fortune and it will take no longer than 4 hours at worse to build!!!
1982ltrav Posted - 12/01/2011 : 22:39:36
sounds a good deal to me, we have a viv exotic. they look spot on sat on the cabinets they do.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000