The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Is she going to shed??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kellyhorselover Posted - 17/12/2010 : 17:50:49
Hi i am worrying a little about my girl, had her three weeks and been feeding every five days perfectly, and she has been very active.
She has been a little quiet since monday...she did feed on Tuesday which made me feel a little better, but since her feed she has just been in her hide sleeping, her eyes are not cloudy although her colours do not seem as bright, and i did notice that she was rather grumpy which is totally unlike her.
I have left her alone under her hide, do you think she is going to shed? and if so how long will she hide for?? do i still offer her food?
thanks x
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Carson1915 Posted - 20/12/2010 : 14:42:28
My girl's eyes went blue so i'm just waiting for the first shed since i got her, she has hidden a bit but seems normal, behaviour is good not a jump with me now, but that could be down to me as i'am handling her confidently when getting her out the tank whereas i was rather jumpy myself before!
kellyhorselover Posted - 20/12/2010 : 13:45:13
Hey everyone just wanted to let you know,

Amy has shed !!!!

So pleased that everything is normal lol
thanks for all your support again.

xx
lrv2307 Posted - 18/12/2010 : 04:48:43
quote:
Originally posted by sullysteve

Change in ambient temperature can sometimes make you snake stay snug in a hide.

DONT WORRIE!!

Snakes should be heard and not seen lol!

thanks for the reasurance hun

ive got a moss box ready for her anyway lol
and hers me wanting more, aarrrggg........the stress!!! hahahaha
sullysteve Posted - 17/12/2010 : 23:28:16
Change in ambient temperature can sometimes make you snake stay snug in a hide.

DONT WORRIE!!

Snakes should be heard and not seen lol!
Mort13 Posted - 17/12/2010 : 21:33:45
I know its hard but try not to worry. She could well be going into shed. I got really concerned when Loki first shed as he was hiding loads so I found where he was in his faun and picked him up. His belly had gone from black/brown chequers to a pale grey so I then knew why.
One thing though,you may not see her eyes go cloudy. Lokis had 3 sheds with me and it was only on the last one that his eyes clouded over. Its totally normal for her to be more active 2 days after feeding.
lotabob Posted - 17/12/2010 : 20:49:41
Spot was from City Reptiles in Belfast, he is Anerytheristic and a lovely chilled out snake. He is really beautifully marked, and my personal favourites are anery.

Snakes do slow down for about 48 hours or so after feeding but immediately after a feed Spot goes in search of a comfy place and it can sometimes take him an hour to settle but once he gets comfy he will barely move at all for 48 hours only reappearing from wherever he has been hiding to drink. He gives a very clear indication he has finished digesting when you walk in the room he is in and immediately get greeted with the familiar smell of snake poo and a smug looking snake watching you from his perch.

kellyhorselover Posted - 17/12/2010 : 20:38:10
Really!??
Like i say she is really active but less active for two days after feed, shouldnt they be so active then??
w
danbaylis35 Posted - 17/12/2010 : 19:57:04
Sounds strange to be active after eating
lrv2307 Posted - 17/12/2010 : 19:26:27
phew thanks for the reasurance lotabob lol, damn i swear she loves to stress me out
where did you get spot from? i so love his colour, he such a cutie, and im lookin to stress my life even more in the new year with another 1...........or maybe 2 lol
lotabob Posted - 17/12/2010 : 19:23:55
The whole shedding process can take a few weeks, even after the eyes go blue and then clear again they can stretch out the actual shedding bit for upto 2 weeks but its usually quicker.
lrv2307 Posted - 17/12/2010 : 19:18:16
oh so glad you posted this message kellyhorslover, my lil girl is about the same, fed her monday, havent seen her out her warm hide since, just caught a glimpse of her tail after having a drink/poop lol
but nothing since, shes not grumpy when i checked on her, just in the 'i dont want to be disturbed' lol

not found any shed skin yet lol, not seen her go blue either, although i thought her eyes were a lil milky the other day
kellyhorselover Posted - 17/12/2010 : 19:18:09
thank you for all your support, i just love her so much! she is such a lovely snake very friendly! and i love to have her out daily except the two days after feeding.
But as she is acting different i have just left her alone and i really miss handling her, but seems like she doesnt want to be disturbed.
lotabob Posted - 17/12/2010 : 19:08:25
My snake will hide for almost a week before the blue eyed stage, the only telltale indication is his belly goes very milky days before his eyes go blue. He doesn't go grumpy but many do and when the eyes are cloudy they will be very jumpy as they are almost completely blind. Like everyone says don't worry, sit back and watch this fascinating process unfold.
kellyhorselover Posted - 17/12/2010 : 19:05:50
she is six months old and she eats one pinkie every 5 days.

thanks guys.
danbaylis35 Posted - 17/12/2010 : 18:59:26
How old is the snake and what food is she on?
sullysteve Posted - 17/12/2010 : 18:55:24
i echo Kehhlyr
Kehhlyr Posted - 17/12/2010 : 18:44:33
quote:
Originally posted by kellyhorselover

.....when do i start to worry?? if she stops eatting??....

You should have no need to start worrying.
If she decides not to take one of her meals then thats all there is to it, so snakes wont eat if they're approaching time to shed.
kellyhorselover Posted - 17/12/2010 : 18:37:04
lol yeah i know she grew legs and fur!! sadly havent got a pic of my snake yet, but will defo have to take one.

I do worry as she just inst herself.
She had been so active and friendly, and sice monday no seen her at all!
All i can think is she is about to shed....
when do i start to worry?? if she stops eatting??
thanks x
sullysteve Posted - 17/12/2010 : 18:27:26
Maybe she is about to shed. Unless you missed her going blue?

I honestly wouldnt worry Kel. Sounds perfectly normal.

PS Thats a mad looking snake in your sig...lol!
kellyhorselover Posted - 17/12/2010 : 18:10:47
Hi there, thank s for your reply..
Yes i always leave her for two days after a feed but she is normally still active in her home, and after two days she becomes very active.. i have never seen her to stay in her hide for so long and to be so grunmpy when disturbed.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000