The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Moss

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dannyhayman Posted - 06/12/2010 : 15:08:20
is it ok to keep moss in the faunaruim all the time :)

(i just keep a little under one of his hides ,as i got new substrate and that would only make it drier,ANd i keep it there in the hope it will help prevent the disaster that was his last moult.)
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dannyhayman Posted - 09/12/2010 : 08:34:38
well charlies 2 months old,he eats pretty big pinkies and i feed him every 5 days :P so he probably shed soon :)
eeji Posted - 08/12/2010 : 18:30:18
quote:
Originally posted by dannyhayman

how iften is it thAT a 2 month old hatchling will shed? :) -eevery 3 weeks isnt it?

a rough guide is a shed every 4 weeks-ish but its not a hard and fast rule
herriotfan Posted - 08/12/2010 : 10:11:39
It varies from snake to snake but hatchlings shed much more frequently than adults. It will depend on how often and what size mouse he eats, how much he's grown, how quickly he's growing. It's one of those 'how long is a bit of string' things!
dannyhayman Posted - 08/12/2010 : 08:37:13
how iften is it thAT a 2 month old hatchling will shed? :) -eevery 3 weeks isnt it?
hiper2009 Posted - 06/12/2010 : 17:58:07
As Angela said really , If your corn is having issues with shedding its skin then its best to only put a moss hide in his encloser when he is in the "blue phase" to aid him to shedd with no problems. But as above to much humidity can cause R.I for your cornsnake.
herriotfan Posted - 06/12/2010 : 16:02:40
You don't really need damp moss all the time. It's probably best just to dampen it when he turns blue. Too much humidity can cause respiratory infections which you don't want.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000